- Date Posted: July 23, 2022
- Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: up to $18 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://borealisbasecamp.net
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (907) 885-2845
At Borealis Basecamp we are dedicated to providing the best customer service in Alaska to our guests. We are an adventure resort located just outside of Fairbanks. Guests from all around the country and world gather to experience the northern lights. We are looking for a friendly, outgoing, and dedicated person to join our team!
Staff Housing Chef Responsibilities:
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing workstations
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift
- Cooking orders according to food health and safety standards
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning workstations and utensils
- Preparing menu items and buffet foods in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare soups from scratch without a standardized recipe, based on available ingredients
- Receive orders, rotate old products, and restock new products
- Arriving to shift on time, prepared for work, in uniform
- Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Preparing a hot lunch and dinner for up to 20 people on a daily basis, containing the main dish, a starch, and a vegetable for dinner and the main dish and a side for lunch.
- Any and all duties as assigned
This position is not located in the hotel restaurant and does take place in the commercial kitchen located in the staff housing unit. We are looking for an individual with experience in the industry, who is independent and creative to work through staff lunch, and dinner, preparing breakfast burritos and salsa for on-property guests, and prepare pack lunches for guests departing on activities.
This position is a 10-hour shift, 5 days a week. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working alone and maintaining a clean and food-safe workspace.
This individual would be the sole full-time employee of the staff unit kitchen, and so they would be responsible for the overall cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in kitchens
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Legally able to work in establishments that serve alcohol
- Able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand on feet for up to 10 hours a day
- Baking experience preferred
- Ability to follow all directives given by any member of the management
Rate of Pay: $18 / hour
Staff Housing available, double occupancy rooms
Our season runs from August 21 to April 10 every year, and staff typically depart the property on April 16.
Send your resume to [email protected]