- Date Posted: April 29, 2022
- Location: Mackinac Island, Michigan
- Company: The Island House
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $1,250 / week
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://mackinac.jobs
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (906) 847-7196
There is excellent housing provided for this position on Mackinac Island. Private Room. 401k available after term requirements met.
The pay range starts at$1250.00per week based on experience.
Responsible for food preparation and general kitchen sanitation. Must have advanced knowledge of kitchen equipment, including knife handling. Responsible for day to day supervision of hourly kitchen staff. Must be able to read and call all incoming tickets. Must maintain a neat and professional appearance and manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for prep work of the main kitchen and associated kitchens.
- Responsible for cooking and plating all orders.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the entire kitchen.
- Must monitor inventory at all times and report items that need to be reordered.
- Responsible for receiving incoming food orders and rotating stock.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean uniform.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to General Manager and Executive Chef.
The Sous works independently to oversee a staff of 12. He, or she, has an opportunity to write daily specials in conjunction with the Chef. May be involved in some facet of ordering and scheduling.
About Mackinac Island
Mackinac Island is a unique place located between Michigan’s rugged Upper Peninsula and Lower Peninsula where Lake Huron and Lake Michigan meet. There are no motor vehicles on the Island, which is accessible by only ferry, plane, and private watercraft. No motor vehicle means no rush hour, no commute, and no pollution.
Leave a big portion of your carbon footprint on the mainland. Walk or ride your bike to get around. When you are not trapped in a car you have a chance to see the water and see the trees. Things slow down, you suddenly have a chance to say hello to people. Mackinac Island has a sense of community as a direct result of this freedom from cars.
You can be in the woods on a secluded trail in less than ten minutes after work. You can have a rock beach all to yourself if you head a mile out of town on a bike. 80% of the Island is a State Park and it is here for all of us to share.
If you are a sea kayaker, bring your boat. The Straits of Mackinac are the real deal. You would be one of a handful of brave souls who call these waters home. You would be a pioneer in the area where you could go a whole season and see just a few other paddlers.
If you are tired of watching other people have adventures on TV, live your own!
Live it on Mackinac Island!