- Date Posted: November 19, 2021
- Location: , Peninsula, Ohio
- Company: Boston Mills and Brandywine Ski Area
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: $11.25 per hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Website: http://www.jobs.vailresortscareers.com
Boston Mills and Brandywine Ski Area
As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
You are the copilot and concierge responsible for the safe operation a multi-million-dollar machine. You are responsible for the safe, friendly and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they navigate premier mountain terrain. Make our guests feel welcome by joining our team as a Lift Operator! Vail Resorts is looking for hardworking team players who enjoy the outdoors and are interested in the perks that working at a ski resort brings.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor passengers in the safe loading and unloading of the ski lift.
- Provide instruction and superior customer service by interacting and talking to lift passengers.
- Slow or stop the lift as necessary to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers loading or unloading the lift.
- Operate lift to ensure that optimal chair capacity is achieved as determined by Lift Operations guidelines and performance reporting.
- Safely monitor the operation of the lift continually, including lift operations management console, and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions. Proactively notify maintenance/dispatch of repair or maintenance needs.
- Work closely with Lift Maintenance department to learn proper operation of lift equipment.
- Implement emergency procedures as required, including contacting Ski Patrol.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Maintain load and unload ramps and areas around all lift stations by shoveling and/or raking snow.
- Adhere to all lift optimization standards for ramp heights, load/unload, maze design.
- Perform snow work, i.e., shoveling, raking, sweeping chairs. Ensure all chairs are clear of snow, ice, and/or grease before loading passengers.
- Be familiar with all policies, procedures and rules regarding operating and riding a ski lift and ensure that these are followed by other staff and guests.
- Ensure lift is ready for operations prior to set up of maze. Set-up/disassemble lift maze daily according to maze standards.
- Actively and efficiently perform maze control where maze coordinator is not available.
- Adhere to operating procedures, i.e., opening procedures, downloading procedures, last chair protocol, etc. Perform daily pre-operation inspections and post-operation shutdown procedures.
- Aid in the evacuation of a disabled lift if needed.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures i.e., punctuality, attendance, dress, and grooming standards, etc.
- Ensure recycled materials are disposed of properly. Maintain cleanliness of lift shacks and work area; remove trash when necessary.
- Help to preserve our natural environment.
- Answer guest questions by becoming familiar with the resort layout, products, and services, or by asking someone who can answer the guest’s questions.
- Help guests and fellow teammates enjoy their time on the mountain – remember that fun is our product- create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit.
- No experience necessary, we train all lift operators (even returnees).
- Must be able to make quick decisions regarding safety.
- Must be physically capable of assisting guests while loading lifts, monitoring the unloading of lifts, shoveling snow, grooming load/unload ramps, making quick decisions, and assisting with lift maintenance if needed.
- Must have stamina to stand outside in alpine environment for long periods of time.
- May lift up to 40 lbs., assistance is available for heavy lifting.
- Must be able to multi-task and anticipate issues. Use of considerable judgment to determine actions to be taken.
- Must be outgoing, and able to create a controlled and organized environment.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to handle high guest volumes in a professional manner.
- Must be willing to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of assigned area, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Prior experience, and some mechanical ability, are preferred, though not required.
- Skiing or snowboarding experience preferred, though not required.
Boston Mills and Brandywine are two of the best mountains for picturesque sunsets and skiing terrain for all levels. With your help, our guests can enjoy epic experiences at one of Ohio’s premier winter destinations. Join our team today. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply, please visit the employment page on our website.