- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Red River, New Mexico
- Company: Red River Ski & Summer Area
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $14.15 teaching rate (beginning level)
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.redriverskiarea.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 575 754 2223 ext 206
If you fancy getting out of the rat race, then there’s no better feeling than seeing blue skies and breathing in the fresh, cold air on the slopes every single day. How would it feel to actually enjoy going to work, love the people you work with, and have a different challenge every single day? Fantastic!
Imagine belonging to a team that delivers fun and excitement to our guests and embraces the mountain lifestyle everyday!
Entry-Level positions available!
Start Date: (Hiring immediately)
November 22, 2021
Employee Housing: Limited amount available so apply now!
Once you have qualified as an instructor it becomes your job to be on the slopes every day, all season long! From the moment the lifts open you will be teaching lessons, skiing and snowboarding with your instructor buddies, blasting down powder fields, sitting on chairlifts, and generally living the life to the max! Also, enjoy skiing or snowboarding on your days off with your free Season Pass!
When you put on your uniform people will look up to you and be in awe of your dedication to a sport we all love. Also, the ski and snowboard instructor’s uniform is an iconic part of the mountain experience and it is instructors that inspire the next generation of skiers. We all know that respect needs to be earned. By becoming an instructor there is a certain level of instant respect and by demonstrating your skills on the mountain, passing on your knowledge and earning trust, that respect will grow. There aren’t many jobs that command mutual respect from every walk of life. When people venture on their annual ski holiday they all look at ski and snowboard instructors with esteem, from high powered bankers, estate agents to bus drivers, all will hold you in high regard!
Perks, perks, perks!
- Free Ski Pass
- Certification Reimbursement
- Discount on Equipment
- 30% discount in our Retail Shop, the Chalet Cafeteria and the Tip Restaurant
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Recognizes that service is our product and helping guests have great vacations is our primary job.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity using our teaching handbook as a guide. Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Teach individual and groups methods designed to enhance skiing ability according to PSIA lesson plans.
- Cheerfully gives information to skiers about trail conditions and ski area activities.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Assists in the evacuation of the chairlift in emergency situations.
- Teaches adults and/or children.
- Alternates periods of strenuous activity with periods of rest or light activity to avoid overstimulation and fatigue.
- Supervising children in lessons at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring the return of children to an identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities including but not limited to the registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source or lesson meeting place, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend morning meetings and be responsible for morning meeting information and assist with guest introductions.
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help the Ski School Departments or Red River Ski Area meet required goals or standards.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly skis and frequently is required to stand.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.