- Date Posted: January 8, 2022
- Location: Grand Turk Cruise Center
- Company: Margaritaville Grand Turk
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 1–2 yrs
- Website: https://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/grand-turk/
Do you want to work in Paradise? Margaritaville Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos Islands may just be the place for you!
We are seeking to identify Servers who are responsible for excellence in guest satisfaction by serving food and beverages to the guests according to established standards and keeps dining area at all times.
- Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- Takes orders and delivers food and beverage in a timely manner.
- Ensures guests receive immediate, friendly, and personalized service to build their intent to return.
- Guides guests through menus, answers questions thoroughly, and provides specific item suggestions and information about the establishment and the island.
- Maintains positive guest satisfaction by exceeding service expectations.
- Handles guest complaints or directs them to a manager.
- Operates point-of-sale system with high level of efficiency and handles large amounts of currency.
- Practices proper cash handling procedures by addressing the point-of-sale system after every transaction, properly organizing money, counting change back to guests, and following appropriate checkout procedures.
- Sets up and breaks down equipment and supplies.
- Maintains work areas by organizing and cleaning service stations and pre-bussing tables and clearing counters as needed of all used glassware/plates/silverware/etc.
- Delivers and/or carries (with or without trays) food and beverage items, for own and others’ tables, with a sense of urgency; knows all table numbers and floor plans.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- Two years experience working as a food & beverage server in a high-volume restaurant.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Twenty three years of age or older.