- Date Posted: July 31, 2023
- Location: Kamuela, Hawaii 96743
- Company: Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Company ContactApply Online Now
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
In Room Dining is available in all 540 guest rooms & suites. Featuring signature gourmet dishes or hearty just-like-home selections. Perfect for our early-risers who crave breakfast in bed, romantic private dinners or small in-room gatherings.
What is in it for you:
*benefit available for fulltime or part time employees while being a part of the Fairmont Orchid ‘Ohana
- Preferred provider medical/drug/vision benefits starting at $16.98 for employees*
- We put you first & value you with employer paid coverage for group life and accidental insurance coverage ($7,500) + Coverage is available for your ‘ohana!*
- We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow with our 401(k)/retirement saving plan & matching program.
- Don’t just live in the moment – own your moment with 11 paid holiday/personal days per year + 10 days of paid vacation that begin accruing immediately*
- We go the extra mile by offering 50% discounts at hotel restaurants, 30% discount on retail items at our Fairmont Store & 30% discount of services offered in our Spa Without Walls.
- We are globetrotters taking advantage of our Travel Program with employee discounts at Accor properties + Friends & Family rates (5,000+ hotels worldwide)*
- Complimentary meals in our employee dining facility
What you will be doing:
- Provide unique dining experiences to all of our guests through warm, personal & detailed service in a luxury, upscale and fast paced environment.
- Ensure a positive first impression of the restaurant for our guests through detailed cleanliness, set-up and ambiance control.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, contents & preparation methods, outlets and hotel services/features
- Up-sell and promote food and beverage offers at every available opportunity in order to maximize sales revenue.
- Pick up and serve food and beverage orders. Ensure that food and beverage are served promptly to the guests once they are ready.
- Try to remember individual patron’s names and their preferences to extend a personalized service
- Ensure that all food & beverage are served according to service standard
- Clear and tidy up tables after the departure of the patrons as quickly as possible.
- Perform opening/closing side duties as assigned and set all tables according to standards and procedures
- Assist other Food & Beverage outlets with their operations during peak times or when required
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Be well versed in hotel fire & life safety/emergency procedures
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the Management of the Hotel
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Ability to speak other languages and basic understanding of local languages will be an advantage
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Detailed & service oriented with an eye for detail to be self-motivated and energetic.
- Provide the necessary State and Federal Requirements to work in Food and Beverage (Tuberculosis Clearance)
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining U.S. work authorization.
Your team and working environment: Come join the energetic and caring Housekeeping ‘Ohana at the Fairmont Orchid. We work together as a dynamic team to ensure that our guests are well looked after and the hotel maintains the utmost cleanliness.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality.
We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts: At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotel that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleague with fairness & dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership Program. An exciting future awaits!
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person