- Date Posted: July 20, 2022
- Location: Big Bear City, California
- Company: High Trails Outdoor Science School
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://dirtyclassroom.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (800) 428-1851
Big Bear City CA
Join a fantastic community of young and energetic educators at a residential outdoor education center as we work to open the eyes of city-based kids to the wonders and beauty of nature. Join the Administrative team as a Senior Instructor, helping us rebuild after COVID. Contracts from September 9, 2022 to May 26, 2023.
- Work in the mountains of Southern California teaching elementary students, leading program, and supporting staff!
- The perfect position for someone who is a great teacher and is looking to grow to learn to be a leader and manager.
- Senior Instructors are the bridge between the Instructors and the Administrative team, working the two shifts of the Instructor roles, showcasing your awesome teaching skills, while gaining experience leading and managing staff and program.
- Check out the Outdoor Education Instructor position here – teach environmental science, teamwork, nature appreciation – to understand the teaching side of the position.
- Check out the Senior Instructor position here under “All the Jobs at High Trails” for more information about the administrative side of the position.
- The schedule is a traditional school year, school week, with weekends and school holidays off.
- Continuing education to help you become a better teacher, leader, and manager.
Daily wage starts at $115/shift for Senior Instructor, then add housing, food, health stipend/insurance, the value of the first-year Senior Instructor wage package is calculated at $170 per workday. Additionally, paid training, pro deals, and clear paths to Level Up and earn more money. See here for the breakdown of pay and benefits.
OUR PROGRAM IS UNIQUE IN CALIFORNIA! We are a small, upstart company that managed to jump into the (relatively…) big league of outdoor education. We believe we can make a difference, make a living, and be happy all at the same time.
OUR CORNER OF THE COUNTRY IS PRETTY DARN COOL! We are based in Big Bear, the coolest mountain town in Southern California; no other outdoor ed center is based here. From mountains to deserts to beaches, with a little small-town atmosphere close by and a lot of big-city amenities within a couple of hours…pretty nice…
OUR WEBSITE TELLS IT ALL! Need more details? Want so many details you’ll be overwhelmed? Head over to dirtyclassroom.com and you’ll see why we believe we’re the most progressive place in the country.
See Staff Blog Posts here: http://dirtyclassroom.com/dirticulum/