- Date Posted: April 6, 2023
The temporary wastewater grounds maintenance worker will perform unskilled to semi-skilled work in a variety of fields in the maintenance and upkeep of the grounds, buildings, fields and related facilities. The employee cuts grass, maintains fields, loads and unloads dirt, gravel, trash and other debris including the collection and disposal of refuse at the treatment plant. Duties also include operating vehicles and equipment in either a specific or a variety of maintenance, construction and/or utility tasks. The employee is under the supervision of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor and the administrative supervision of the Director of the James R. Dilorio Wastewater Reclamation Facility.
This is a non-exempt Temporary/Seasonal position limited to 1300 hours annually.
- The employee operates light duty vehicles, trucks, tractors, riding and push mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, rakes, shovels, sprayers, blowers, and other hand tools
- Cuts grass with mowers and weed eaters
- Operates a variety of hand tools and power equipment
- Loads and unloads dirt, gravel, and other debris
- Cleans, maintains and services equipment and tools
- Trims, prunes trees and hedges
- Assists in the adjustment, repair, replacement and installation of irrigation equipment
- Picks up trash in the treatment area and disposes of it properly
- Maintains and performs light repair work on equipment, and grounds operated by the treatment plant
- Cuts down and removes limbs, branches, and trees that have been damaged by adverse weather conditions and perform preventive maintenance
- Safely operates a motor vehicle for the purpose of driving to work locations and performing the essential functions of the position
- Knowledge of and the ability to operate maintenance equipment such as tractors, riding mowers, trailers, motorized vehicles, and other equipment
- Knowledge of and the ability to use common hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
- Some knowledge and/or the ability to learn about occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, harmonious, cooperative, and productive working relationships with other employees and the public
- Ability to learn to operate and maintain equipment used at the Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Work is characterized by the necessity for considerable physical exertion throughout the workday
- Performs heavy manual labor for extended periods under some unfavorable climatic conditions, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds
- Most of the work is outdoors and can occasionally be in adverse weather conditions
- May have exposure to fumes and other noxious odors, machinery with moving parts and noise
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Must have a High School diploma or its G.E.D. equivalent
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States of America
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment background check
- Must possess and maintain a driver’s license valid, unrestricted in the State of Colorado at time of employment and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
The “Benefits” hyperlink at the top of this (online) job posting provides a summary of the benefits associated with this position