- Date Posted: April 6, 2023
About Rolling Hills Country Club:
Established in 1965, Rolling Hills Country Club is a private, family-friendly country club perched upon the rolling hills of Palos Verdes Peninsula with expansive skyline views of the Los Angeles Basin and San Gabriel Mountains. The construction of the new clubhouse and golf course in 2017 brought a new vision of excellence. A brand-new championship golf course designed by world-renowned golf architect, David McLay Kidd. The luxurious 70,000 sq. ft. clubhouse designed by one of the most celebrated clubhouse architects in the West, Robert Altevers. Club amenities include, championship golf course, 400 yard double-sided driving range complete with nine regulation greens that can double as a Par 3 executive course, golf academy including state-of-the-art technology including Trackman, Boditrak, and SAM Putt Lab, tennis courts, athletic facility, aquatic center, kids club, elegant spa, fine and casual dining, magnificent banquet event spaces, secluded conference rooms, stately locker rooms, and world-class service distinguishing Rolling Hills Country Club as the preeminent leader in the private club experience.
We are seeking a (Seasonal) Lifeguard for our Vistas Spa and Sports team. If you are a certified lifeguard who is motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, and you believe in excellence, this is the position for you.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The Lifeguard position will be responsible for supervising the pool deck, enforcing regulations, preventing accidents and performing rescues. Assists with daily pool maintenance and operation and the testing of chemicals. Maintains pool records, attends staff meetings and service training programs. Performs other related duties all while ensuring the highest levels of member satisfaction are attained.
Note: This position is frequently exposed to intense sunlight and full sunlight.
Skills & Abilities :
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have the following current certificates are required: 1) CPR, 2) First-Aid, 3) Lifeguard Certification
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Able to show initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Adhere to meal and rest break periods and must clock in and out for all shift times.
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and talk.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have 6 months’ Lifeguarding experience
- Must have the following current certificates are required: 1) CPR, 2) First-Aid, 3) Lifeguard Certification.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times in accordance with the employee handbook.
- Provide excellent customer service and helps monitor member feedback.
- Report any incident or accident to the Facility Manager on duty.
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Follow emergency protocol as required until the arrival of Emergency Medical Services.
- Adhere to the standards policies of the facility and Rolling Hills Country Club.