- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Moab, Utah
- Company: Under Canvas
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: https://www.undercanvas.com
- Email: [email protected]
Starting Wage: $16.00/hr
As a Front Desk Supervisor with Under Canvas, you are responsible for the operation of the Front Desk and the supervision of the Camp Concierge’s and Night Audit’s. You will engage with guests from the moment they arrive on site through the duration of their stay. Your goal is to ensure our guests have everything they need to relax and enjoy being outside together with family, friends, and nature. We cater to a diverse range of guests including groups, families, and individuals varying in age, interests, and with various degrees of comfort in outdoor elements. This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes free employee housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- You maintain composure, take-action, are resourceful, and solutions-minded in unpredictable situations such as weather, diverse needs of guests, or incidents on property.
- Provide clear, accurate, complete, and timely communication.
- Learn and share your knowledge of local culture, activities, and adventure activities.
- Anticipate workflow and appropriately delegate tasks.
- Ability to independently resolve guest recovery situations while Assistant General Manager/General Manager are not present.
- Find ways to streamline processes to maximize efficiency and resource use.
- Your love of the outdoors combined with your commitment to delivering high standards of customer service will be critical as you create a warm welcome for guests and visitors.
- Greet and check in guests at the reception desk before assisting them with transportation to their tent. taking them on a tour of the camp, showcasing our amenities, activities, and food and beverage services.
- Your positive attitude, ability to listen to guests, and predict and respond to their needs in a timely manner for the duration of their stay will lead to consistently positive guest feedback
- Participate in weekly and daily meetings to ensure the Camp Concierges and Night Audit are well informed about activities offered on-site as well as off-site, upcoming events or groups, and any other special events or arrivals.
- Your great relationship among your team members creates a warm and fun environment where all feel welcome and appreciated.
- Reconcile accounting ledgers, make accounting adjustments, process credit cards, and prepare billing.
- Collaborate and interact professionally with guests and co-workers.
- You value teamwork, quickly step in to help others.
- Ensure you are working efficiently with available resources.
- Ability to meet deadlines and scheduling needs.
Other duties as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES
- Have obtained a High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years of prior supervisor experience
- Experience in and/or ability to utilize POS and reservations systems
- Ability to influence others, lead and work as a team
- Solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong customer service and team leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong Communication skills; genuine, outgoing, friendly, and dynamic
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact HR during the interview process):
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Great Culture | Training
Please visit our website to apply.