- Date Posted: September 8, 2021
- Location: , Sitka, AK
- Company: NANA Management Services
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: DOE
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 2-5 yrs
- Website: https://nana.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=SEA00378&tz=GMT-08%3A00&tzname=America%2FAnchorage
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 907-265-4172
NANA Management Services
This Sous Chef position leads the Culinary team in Retail, Patient, and Catering operations. The Sous Chef is responsible for menu planning & development (FMS), quality control measures (Safety Audits-Safetrax), inventory and requisitions (Market Connection), quality control (Pre-service Meetings/Tray Audits/HACCP Adherence), safety and development of staff (TOPS/WTT), and sanitation of the work environment.
This is a rotational position located in Sitka, AK. The rotation schedule will be 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off. Work schedule will be 10-hour shifts during the week and 12-hour shifts during weekends. Lodging and three meals per day will be provided. The point of hire origins Anchorage, AK, Juneau, AK and Seattle, WA.
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in and oversees all culinary production.
- Menu Planning and Development.
- Prepares food as indicated by par level sheets and in accordance with both Nutritional Services and Health Department standards.
- Reviews the needs of the day with assigned supervisor(s), leads the team through daily tasks, completes production sheets and verifies supply needs and availability.
- Is responsible for quantity and quality control in food production as well as overall sanitation of assigned areas.
- Performs pre-service meetings with team, facilitates training and on the spot coaching, and completes production process by inputting post-production numbers in FMS.
- Assists in the supervision and training of food service personnel.
- Coordinates staff through daily production needs.
- Oversees Island Skillet flow of service, sanitation, and customer service.
- Observes and instructs ordering/receiving and proper rotation (FIFO) procedures.
- Implements, trains, and holds staff accountable to Food Safety Standards (HACCP).
- Supports an active safety program.
- Follows uniform standards according to department policies.
- Assists other food service personnel at any given time.
- This position is responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- Must have High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have Alaska Food Handlers Card or ServSafe certification contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- Must have two years of experience as a Sous Chef in a commercial kitchen in a food service operation, restaurant, hotel or hospital with significant supervisory responsibilities.
- Able to follow standardized written recipes.
- Proficient in using the following equipment: steam tables, dish machine, trash carts, knives, ovens, slicers, mixers, grill, grinder, fryer, broiler, flat tops, counter mixer, roasting ovens and kettle.
- Valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- This work location requires COVID-19 vaccination.
- Three years of direct cook experience.
- Cafeteria dining or healthcare experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
- Noise level: Moderate
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen located in a health care setting.
- Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
- Travel: None
- NMS Core Values
- Safety guides our behavior.
- Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
- Commitments made will be fulfilled.
- All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
- The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at [email protected]