- Date Posted: March 7, 2022
- Location: Nantucket, Massachusetts
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Previous experience required
- Website: https://www.whiteelephantresorts.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (508) 638-2439
The White Elephant Hotel is seeking a seasonal Evening Rooms Supervisor. This position is responsible for the management of all Rooms Division functions covering the 3 PM – 11 PM shift, directing and maintaining a service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective staff. This position operates with minimal supervision and requires previous experience in an upscale hotel environment, preferably in a supervisory role.
The position starts in April 2022 and runs through October 2022.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Oversee the check-in/check-out process
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel standards, policies, and events
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages, and promotions is available at the Front Desk and that all staff is knowledgeable on such
- Work with Front Office Manager to review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations, and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations
- Help prepare and adjust weekly work schedules
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled, coordinate breaks for staff, assign work duties to staff
Rated by The Boston Globe as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts, White Elephant Resorts is a collection of premier properties that includes White Elephant Nantucket, White Elephant Palm Beach, The Wauwinet, Jared Coffin House, The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin, and Nantucket Boat Basin.
*Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and agree to comply with all booster shot mandates.