- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Company: The Langham Boston
Company ContactApply Online Now
The Langham Boston
Public Transportation Subsidy, 401k Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Medical Benefits, Referral Incentive Program, and more.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The goal of the Housekeeping team is to impress the guests of The Langham, Boston with exceptional cleanliness, thoughtful service and extraordinary attention to details. The Room Attendant is an essential part of this team and is tasked with servicing guest rooms. The Room Attendant ensures impeccable cleanliness and comfort of hotel guests by following FORBES and Langham standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Clean departure and stayover guest rooms and suites following the established procedures and FORBES/Langham standards. This includes:
o Removing soiled linen, terry, waste and in-room dining items from guest rooms;
o Checking all drawers/cabinets/closets for lost and found items and reporting these promptly to the appropriate department;
o Stripping and making beds, including sofabeds, rollaway beds and cribs, changing bed linen;
o Cleaning and sanitizing all bathroom surfaces;
o Dusting all surfaces, including high areas; cleaning and sanitizing all high traffic areas and items/fixtures frequently used by guests (e.g., door handles, light switches, phones, remote controls, etc.);
o Replacing/replenishing supplies in guest rooms (e.g., bath amenities, paper collateral, coffee/condiments, in-room closet inventory, etc.);
o Straightening pillows, furniture, light fixtures, appliances;
o Wiping all glass and mirror surfaces;
o Wiping, polishing and removing marks from walls, fixtures and furniture;
o Thoroughly vacuuming floors, wet mopping the wood sections and tiles;
o Expediently reporting major cleanliness concerns and updating room status.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service. Promptly respond to and fulfil all guest requests;
- Properly and safely utilize the assigned master keys;
- Keep Housekeeping storage areas, service areas and guest hallways neat and secure.
- Report any maintenance/upkeep deficiencies;
- Fully and correctly utilize task assignment device (HotSOS) to update room status and prioritize completion of tasks;
- Use guests’ names consistently and where appropriate.
- Physical activities include kneeling, bending, lifting, stretching;
- Must be able work alone in an established routine;
- Must be able to move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to speak/read/write English to interact with guests and co-workers as to understand, communicate and accommodate needs and requests;
- A great attitude is required, with ability to work weekends/holidays.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE /LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES / REQUIRED:
- Previous housekeeping/cleaning experience, at a 4-5-star hotel/resort preferred.