Royal Gorge Rafting & Zip Line Tours
We have a high demand for professional guides! Becoming a guide has many perks full of unlimited adventurous opportunities. You will have the chance to learn to kayak, access world-class mountain biking, climbing, hiking, fishing, and much more.
We intend to fill our guide training program with the right participants, not just any … It is not uncommon to join a training program with other outfitters where you are put in a “survivor” position. We prefer to vet applicants before accepting you into our program. This way, we are not wasting our time and money – or yours.
Once you are in our training program, we focus on positive reinforcement and constructive criticism, you are your only hurdle. Being a guide trainee with Royal Gorge Rafting & Zip Line Tours is an opportunity to become of a part of our fun, energetic team of professionals.
Guides with Royal Gorge Rafting & Zip Line Tours will need to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
- Successfully pass our guide training program – (Raft program begins May 17th, 2019 – this course typically runs three weeks). (Zip program dates will be posted soon.)
- Pass a checkout runs before becoming a guide.
- Maintain a high fitness level to work outdoors in various weather and challenging scenarios.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications. (Courses are held during or after training, but we encourage to have certifications in order.) We encourage our staff to seek higher levels of certifications such as OEC WFA or WFR & SRT
- Commit to 2 full seasons of work which includes weekends and holidays. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend. Exceptions are made for students)
- You will be expected to assist our team in maintaining the quality and cleanliness of our base locations, beaches, and associated gear.
- You must adhere to Royal Gorge Rafting & Zip Line Tour’s guidelines and always treat colleagues and guests with the highest level of respect.
Our pay rate is the best in the industry. New Guide pay is on a per trip basis at a salaried (rate of $40.00 per trip – rafting – Experienced guides can earn up to $75.00 per trip). You can potentially run (two trips – rafting) in a day when we are busy. Most outfitters mention seasons gross for first-year guides of $2000.00 before gratuities typically based on a starting trip pay of $25.00 per trip. Our guides exceed the average in all capacities.
A guide’s job is a phenomenal experience and will be the job of a lifetime if you are up for the challenge!
To view more info, and to apply, visit link below: