- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $13.15 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.visitgrandcanyon.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (877) 404-4611
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a Retail Cashier to join our team at Grand Canyon National Park. As a Retail Cashier, you’ll be responsible for providing excellent guest service and managing all transactions accurately and efficiency.
- Greets and acknowledges guests, answers their questions and assists them whenever possible.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors’ instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system.
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Who We Are
Delaware North’s operations in the Grand Canyon offer the opportunity to experience of living and working in one of the natural wonders of the world. We have a variety of on-site housing options including shared trailers, apartments, dorm rooms, and houses, with amenities including a community center, free internet, workout and recreational equipment. We also offer associate food and retail discounts.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.