- Date Posted: January 31, 2023
- Location: Keystone, South Dakota
- Company: Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Salary: $50,000 / year
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.xanterrajobs.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (605) 574-2515
Mount Rushmore National Memorial
Join our Retail team at Mount Rushmore National Memorial!
Are you enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service by assisting guests throughout their entire shopping experience? Located in the beautiful Black Hills region of South Dakota, the destination draws more than 3 million tourists per year. We operate the iconic gift shop where you will be able to provide top notch hospitality and welcome guests into a gift shop representing the sheer beauty, peace, and scenic grandeur of Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
The Retail Assistant Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities on the sales floor of a retail location. This includes closing at least three evenings each week, maintaining inventory, following corporate guidelines, training and managing retail staff, and other duties as assigned.
Wage: $50,000 per year
Position Type: Full Time, Year Round
PERKS & BENEFITS
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school OR six months to one year of related experience or training preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- The individual must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment where project priorities, task deadlines, and assignments can change quickly and with little notice.
- The individual must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision while working within the guidelines set by their supervisors.
- Daily management skills including engaging guests, responding to concerns, product exchanges, returns, refunds, non-standard discounts, employee sales, marked out of stock, and escalating to Manager as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.