- Date Posted: April 4, 2022
- Location: Scarborough, Maine
- Company: Black Point Inn
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $1,100 / week
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: Some experience needed
- Website: http://www.blackpointinn.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (207) 883-2500
Are you looking to pursue a career in restaurant and hospitality management? Are you highly motivated, organized, and enthusiastic? Do you dream of working at a restaurant surrounded by the beach that views some of the most beautiful sunsets in Maine? If so, we have the perfect career opportunity for you!
This is a fulfilling, management-level position for those with experience or just starting out in the hospitality industry that will allow you to spend your summer working alongside a great group of colleagues. Our Restaurant Managers are encouraged to create positive experiences for our staff and guests. This position has certain “Manager on Duty” tasks that give the opportunity to learn other aspects of Innkeeping.
This position offers the option for staff housing throughout the season and would be a great fit for those traveling solo or with a companion.
Location: Black Point Inn, Scarborough, ME
Hours: Full-time, 40-50 hours per week
Compensation: $1,000-$1,200 per week, depending on experience
Seasonal Position: April through October
Start date: ASAP for May Opening
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties, private staff housing (if required)
Experience: Management experience preferred, minimum of 2 years experience in Hospitality or Restaurant atmosphere required.
This position offers a unique set schedule that you won’t see in many other places in regard to hospitality management. With two dedicated days off each week you are able to leave work at the door with ease and enjoy all that Maine has to offer this time of year.
Preferred Experience: Knowledge of fine, casual and banquet dining styles, proper food and beverage service, basic cooking techniques, current health codes and liquor laws is preferable.
The Restaurant Manager at Black Point Inn is responsible for supervision of FOH staff bar/restaurant operations in support of or in the absence of the Food and Beverage Manager. They work in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager to create memorable experiences for our guest, to meet and exceed expectations, and build relationships while driving profitability.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for gracious guest services and interaction from reservations to departure, attending to guests inquires, comments and/or concerns while representing Black Point Inn (BPI) and Migis Hotel Group (MHG) in a professional manner and appearance.
- Work with the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager to hold the standards of product and operational execution of restaurant/bar services. Continuously direct, evaluate and improve food and beverage service
- Responsible for knowledge about all foods served from raw ingredients to final preparation, plating and beverage pairings, a complete understanding of the kitchen timing and execution of all menu items. Restaurant Manager acts as liaison between the guests, service staff, and kitchen.
- Responsible for shift end (daily) financial reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager and General Manager, in the form of tip-out information, schedule changes, product inventories, ordering/delivery invoice, and sales.
- Responsible for communicating schedule changes, product inventories, mealtimes/ changes.
- Responsible for monitoring weather and assisting with making decisions in conjunction with Food and Beverage Manager or in absence of Food and Beverage Manager. Working with the kitchen and front desk team to relay changes to staff and guests.
- Responsible for overseeing the food and beverage staff and working in conjunction with them to make sure that meal spaces are properly set up, broken down, stocked and clean.
- Assisting the Management team with recruitment, training and scheduling of all front of house employees to budget.
- Be a source of information and guidance, offer relevant information, and motivate through example.
- Communicate effectively and honestly with all management across hotel lines. Open and honest feedback delivered in an appropriate manner to peers and line staff alike is vital.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in managing bar service, restaurant, cocktail, and wine menus and purchasing of all beverages. Have a knowledge of pars, cost and inventory controls, the use of standardized drink recipes and consistent service practices.
- Maintain knowledge of general BPI operations, corporate groups, special events and activities. Assist with corporate group and special event execution when necessary
- Responsible for assisting management team in filling shifts as needed based on call outs, shift changes, or business demand.
- Responsible for the welfare of our guests and employees: minimize the liability to ownership by understanding and enforcing health & safety code regulations, licensing, and state laws regarding the sale, service, and consumption of alcoholic beverages on premise.
- Protect the assets of BPI and MHG.
- 5-day work weeks in season, 45-50 hours a week
- Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching, and carrying.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Carry responsibilities and duties associated with Manager on Duty (MOD) job description as assigned.