- Date Posted: July 24, 2022
- Location: Bryson City, North Carolina
- Company: Nantahala Outdoor Center
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $11 - $13 / hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.noc.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (828) 488-7246
For 50 years NOC has led the outdoor industry, taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, wilderness medicine as well as unmatched retail service, food service, lodging, and trip planning services. Behind NOC’s success is our staff’s commitment to our five core values: Lead by Example, Service Before Self, Do the Right Thing, Work Hard/Play Hard and Make it Happen. These core values unite a community of leaders and pioneers in an exciting, fun and always changing work environment.
NOC career opportunities offer a rare combination of work in beautiful locations, a chance to grow skills, and to share a passion for active outdoor recreation. Ideal candidates are leaders in the workplace that wish to join a unique, values-driven organization. They aspire to excellence in their fields and disciplines and they demonstrate a commitment to the service of others. Above all, they want to provide guests with unforgettable experiences. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to join the NOC team.
Cooks for Relia’s will be working in a fast-paced restaurant environment. This position creates a great opportunity for one of NOC’s main values – work hard, play hard. This is a full-time- seasonal role in which you will be scheduled for 40hrs/ week from May – October. In some cases, cooks may be able to work at multiple restaurants, or cross-train to work in other NOC departments as well. All cook applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Preparing menu items and specials in a fast-paced environment
- Ensuring that ingredients and food preparation are consistent with guest special needs and/or requests
- Upholding and arranging food on the line as well as back-ups
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of the kitchen
- Maintaining food quality and consistency
- Supporting teammates and assisting other members of the Food and Beverage team as needed
- Upholding Relia’s standards, as well as NOC standards.
Applicants for a cook position at NOC should have a strong understanding of the following:
- safe food handling,
- health code standards
- restaurant cleanliness.
- Applicants must function as team players.
- take direction and work independently.
- They must have a thorough understanding of the flow of restaurant operations.
- comfortable working on their feet for a long period of time.
- Able to lift 35 pounds
Preferred Education and Experience:
Previous kitchen experience is preferred but not required.
The above-noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of this position.
The Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment including hiring, promotions, termination, training and compensation. The NOC does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic condition or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, where applicable. Furthermore, the NOC is committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment through respecting and valuing the diversity among employees and all those with whom the NOC does business.