- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Mill Valley, California
- Company: Strawberry Recreation District
- Salary: $63,000 - $70,000 a year
Strawberry Recreation District
Strawberry Recreation District is a state special district, located in Mill Valley, CA. The Mission of the Strawberry Recreation District is to enrich the quality of life for our community by providing a variety of recreation activities, parks, and facilities that promote health and wellness, learning, and fun. The District has an Aquatics Facility, playing fields, four tennis courts, a large building with meeting rooms and open basketball gym, playground, picnic areas, and pocket parks throughout the local area.
**MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE ABLE MOVE TO A REASONABLE COMMUNTE DISTANCE. EMPLOYER DOES NOT PAY RELOCATION FEES.
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Recreation Coordinator
Primary Roles: Adult Recreation, Events, Rentals & Marketing! – join our creative, dynamic, fun-loving team of Recreation professionals to help us grow, while developing and assisting with adult recreational programs, marketing, rentals, and events for the surrounding community. If you are great at multi-tasking, handling a fast paced environment and juggle multiple tasks at one time – this a a great opportunity to use your creativity and can-do outlook to excel while having a great time at work.
Under general supervision and direction of the Recreation Supervisor the Recreation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and assisting with the planning, promoting, developing and organization of a variety of recreation programs such as but not limited to:
Events: District -wide events, including development, planning set-up, staffing, scheduling, and work during event
Adult Programs: Adult programs & classes
Rentals: Building and facility rentals
Marketing, Advertising & Graphics: Social media, graphic design, marketing and promotions
Assists with: Youth programs/activities & Summer Camps
Additional Responsibilities: Assists with all district programming/activities as needed
Position requires assisting with hiring, supervision and evaluation of independent contractors, camp employees, interaction with patrons/parents, ensuring the safety, well-being of staff and campers, communication, behavior management, scheduling, quality/quantity of activities, including adherence to and with health and safety guidelines.
Must demonstrate positive, professional role modeling always, acting in a manner that is consistent with SRD policies, Code of Conduct and the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Strawberry Recreation District.
Located in Mill Valley, Strawberry Recreation District is a California State Special District. The District includes an Aquatics Facility, tennis/pickleball courts, little league playing fields, batting cages, community building with indoor basketball court & meeting rooms, playground, pocket parks and more.
Education and Experience:
- A 4-year college degree is required. In progress degrees will be considered.
- Minimum 2-years work experience required, including internships.
- Have professional written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Ability to read, write business correspondence, perform mathematic equations.
- Must be able to capably use Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be able to accomplish tasks in a high-energy, busy environment
- Have professional written and verbal skills for effective communication.
- Ability to read and write business correspondence.
1) Communicate effectively and tactfully with those contacted during business including participants, staff, parents, and the public. Must have a commitment to excellent customer service and follow-up.
2) Write clearly and concisely
3) Demonstrate leadership skills and maintain a professional demeanor
4) Ability to demonstrate problems solving skills, including identifying/defining problem, generate alternative solutions and implement best alternatives – effective organization skills a must.
5) Accept constructive criticism and direction from managers and directors
6) Understand and follow oral and written instructions
7) Maintain a clean and orderly work site
8) Have or attain First Aid/CPR certification and complete other training courses required
9) Fun-loving, high energy approach
Background Investigation: Livescan background check required.
Other Special Requirements: Availability to work variable schedules including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Some overtime may be required and is subject to FLSA rules and regulations.
License/Certificate: Valid California class C driver license.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- After school
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mill Valley, CA 94941: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Please email at [email protected] for more details or Call us at (415) 383-6494 for futher communication.