Pasion Iberica Ranch
We are looking for an experienced individual capable of handling all aspects of a 60 acre farm with over 1200 heads as his own.
We produce top quality free-range animals to be sold for high-end meat following a franchise-style business plan. At this location, we breed and grow the animals to early adults; then we relocate them to a second, larger farm until they reach market size. Our immediate needs are to complete an ongoing expansion so we can use this first property to its full capacity, while adhering to animal welfare requirements.
Experience handling farm animals and doing general ranch work is a must. Must be in good physical condition and have sufficient experience as we expect most of the work to be done by the ranch manager himself, with the help of a ranch hand.
Barndominium and pickup truck provided. Couples welcome.
The animals are Iberian pigs; a traditional breed of the domestic pig native to the Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal) first brought to America in the summer of 2014. “Foodies” consider special cuts of this meat a delicacy, as caviar and truffles.
More on these pigs and their meat here:
$45,000 – $47,000 annual, plus end of season bonus.
A small barndominium and a pickup truck are provided. Significant other is welcome.
The ranch manager is fully responsible for the following work. This means he is expected to make decisions and perform the work himself, with the help of a ranch hand which he will direct.
- Feed, doctor, tag and castrate animals per schedules
- Rotate pastures
- Manage sows and bulls to breed on schedule
- Care for animals in birthing pens through weaning
- Monitor health of animals, address issues, and contact vet as needed
- Keep detailed electronic records of animal count and health
- Ensure protection of animals in extreme weather conditions
Property and Equipment
- Build, monitor for damage and maintain fences, nursery, shelter, and water systems
- Clean and maintain in good condition birthing pens
- Clean and maintain in good condition facilities, equipment and tools
- Keep electronic inventory of equipment and tools
- Purchase supplies and equipment as needed
- Maintain roads and property clear and in general good condition
Qualifications and Requirements
- 10+ years of experience handling farm animals and doing general ranch work
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Pass a background check and periodic drug tests
- Speak English
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to perform outdoor manual labor on a daily basis regardless of weather
- Operate ranch equipment and perform general maintenance
- Build and maintain fence and water systems
- Basic handyman skills – electrical and welding are a plus
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Able to tow 16' equipment trailer loaded to 4 tons. Truck will be provided
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden