- Date Posted: April 19, 2022
- Location: Greenough, Montana
- Company: The Resort at Paws Up
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.pawsup.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (406) 646-2283
ABOUT THE RESORT AT PAWS UP
Advance your career while spending your summer hanging with the bison and steers at The Resort at Paws Up on a sprawling, 37,000-acre, authentic working cattle ranch in Western Montana. Are you ready for an adventure career? Here at the Resort at Paws Up we are the pioneer in perfecting the peaceful point where promoting the pursuit of personal passion and progressive pay can prosper. We’re all about the magic of Montana, sharing moments, making memories, and building meaningful friendships.
Are you an experienced Whitewater Raft Guide looking for a new adventure? Or are you someone who always dreamed of spending a summer on the river behind the oars? The Resort at Paws Up is looking for experienced and entry-level whitewater rafting guides for our Blackfoot and Clark Fork River activities. We offer Blackfoot River kayaking and rafting along with our Alberton Gorge Whitewaterfloattrips. Whether you are new to guiding or have 10 years of experience, we look forward to helping you further develop your skills on our class II and III rapids while enjoying your passion for outdoor recreation.
Pay incentives for active certifications in Swiftwater, Wilderness First Responder, and/or your experience level on the river.
The role of the Activities Guide – Rafting is to provide and lead guests in a river raft down Class II and (very limited) Class III whitewater.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform safety and instruction of each guided activity to participants.
- Led expeditions independently for a maximum of twelve attendees.; Co-lead expeditions for a maximum of twenty-four attendees.
- Operate company vehicles properly and provided proper operation instructions to guests.
- Pilot a river raft down Class II and (very limited) Class III whitewater.
- Operate and instruct inflatable kayaking Class II & III, flat-water canoeing and kayaking,
- Perform physical and administrative duties for the preparation and end of each activity expedition.
- Keep attention to guests about health-related matters such as physical exertion, and sunstroke, and remind guests to hydrate and apply sunscreen.
- Work with a variety of personalities and ages to make clients feel safe and comfortable while understandably delivering information concerning individual learning preferences.
- Remain calm under pressure; handle crisis management as it unfolds and remain flexible to change as events happen.
- Be organized and detail-oriented, utilizing checklists or other systems to ensure no task is left undone; anticipate events and plan; prepare for the unexpected; remain focused on the result.
- Be helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Assist guests in filling out appropriate departmental forms.
- Possess strong customer service focus to strive for high guest satisfaction and go out of the way to be helpful and pleasant.
- Assist in managing inventory of Activities Department equipment and supplies.
- Assist with on-site setup and clean-up for activities.
- Maintain equipment.
- Work closely with Activities management, co-workers, and other departments on providing effective communication, planning, and organization to ensure all activity needs are met.
- Promote resort activities to guests.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of Resort information and amenities.
- Perform department opening and closing duties.
- Interact with children, parents, co-workers, guests, co-workers, and management in a professional and caring manner.
- Answer phones in a timely and courteous manner while following the company’s phone etiquette standards.
- Converse with the guests at a high level, being aware of their needs, and fulfill special guest requests as instructed by management or the guest directly.
- Ensure confidentiality of guests before and throughout their stay.
- Assist with guest activities issues accurately and promptly.
- Follow and complete daily department checklists.
- Maintain a clean and clear work environment while staying organized and efficient.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail at all times.
- Communicate and maintain timelines and priorities.
- Administer basic First Aid and CPR when needed and during emergencies.
- Assist in other activity assignments and duties as assigned.
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
- Display hospitality and professionalism to our guests and team members at all times, take pride in representing The Resort at Paws Up professionally with our guests, and assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal, ethical, and confidential manner.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Resort team members to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Perform work in a safe and high-quality manner.
Educational, Experience, Licensure Required
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training, or job-related course work; Education in Outdoor Recreation preferred, not required
- Creditable Experience in teaching and/or outdoor guiding
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service
- Proficient ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining organized and prioritizing workload throughout the day
- Has a friendly and professional manner under periods of high demands and with guests, team members, and management
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification
- Valid State Driver’s License