- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Company: SBP
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://sbpusa.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (919) 213-0727
Spend the next 10 months making a lasting impact in the lives of people impacted by Hurricane Laura and Delta!
AmeriCorps Project Leads play a vital role in SBP’s Rebuilding Program, as they are our volunteers’ main point of on-site contact and actively lead the construction efforts on clients’ homes. A Project Lead is responsible for training and managing around ten volunteers per day, keeping them on task. Monitoring safety, ensuring quality work, effectively participating in construction, and completing tasks on schedule are critical functions of the position.
No construction experience is required! If you’re committed to learning, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy leading volunteers, we want you on our team.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work site.
- Ensure that each phase of construction is being completed on schedule, even in the absence of volunteers on site.
- Ensure that work is of the highest quality.
- Interact effectively and positively with other team members.
- Actively participate in construction projects.
- Ability to perform strenuous, physical labor in different climates, over long periods of time.
- Conduct on site orientations for volunteer groups.
- Clearly communicates the homeowner’s story to volunteers.
- Educates volunteers on the area, the effects of the storm, and the history and work of the SBP.
- Communicate the daily and weekly goals to volunteers.
- Provide effective training and constructive feedback to volunteers who are completing insulation, drywall, mudding, painting, flooring, trim, doors and other phases of construction.
- Supervise and participate in construction activities alongside volunteers.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when serving with volunteers.
- Ask volunteers to return and spread the word about the enduring needs.
SBP is a national nonprofit dedicated to shrinking the time between disaster and recovery. Since 2006, we have rebuilt over 3000 homes and developed affordable housing for people impacted by natural disasters. With the dedication and passion of our staff, AmeriCorps members, and volunteers, we help community members return home to safe, sanitary, and secure conditions.
- Monthly Living stipend of $1,600
- An additional $175 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA
- An education award of $6,345 upon successful completion of each 10-month term
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during their service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Free limited benefits health coverage
- Access to the AmeriCorps Member Assistance Program
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further their career
Don’t wait! Apply today to join our rock-star team!