- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Cordele, Georgia
- Company: Helena Industries, LLC
Company ContactApply Online Now
Helena Industries, LLC
The Production Associate operates formulation and packaging equipment. This position also performs other production work assigned by the supervisor such as palletizing, bagging, labeling, etc. in the plant production operation under close supervision.
What your day may look like
- Operates processing, packaging and blending equipment.
- Operates forklifts, hoists and/or other material handling equipment.
- Assists in equipment clean-out and moving packaging equipment.
- Produces finished product so that it conforms to quality assurance processes, procedures and standards.
- May assemble cartons and/or liners, lines and pads cartons, labels containers and cartons, fill containers from spout or chute, weigh containers and adjusts quantity appropriately, affix caps to container or inserts bag into bag sealer, clean packaging containers or stamp codes onto containers.
- Maintains a clean work environment both inside and outside the facility by using good housekeeping habits.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by your leader.
- Reliable and regular attendance is required.
Education and experience needed for this position
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
Other skills that will help you succeed
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Organizational skills.
- Operates and understands electronic controlled equipment.
- Understands pneumatics, pressure and the pumping of liquids or the willingness to learn.
- Forklift Driver Certification.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in hot or cold temperatures.
- Must be required to pass OSHA respirator physical.
- Able to work rotating shifts, overtime and weekends as scheduled.
Your work environment and the physical aspects of the job
There are potential hazards associated with any chemical manufacturing business but at Helena Industries safety is our highest priority. We seek out extensive safety measures including engineered solutions and personal protective equipment and put them in place to minimize exposure to anything that could potentially be harmful to our employees.
The work environment for this position is that of a typical plant environment where the noise level is usually moderate to loud. In this position, you will regularly work near moving equipment/mechanical parts and could be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemical and biological hazards, vibrations and a risk of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit. You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Lab and office positions at the plant would only have occasional exposure if they must go out into the plant.
Who we are
Helena Industries has provided formulations and packaging solutions for companies around the world for over 60 years. As one of the largest chemical toll manufacturer’s and service companies in the U.S., we set the bar for the industry in ensuring the safety of our clients’ technology, brand and assets with integrity and pride.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their leader and team.
Our family-like culture is centered on our employees who embody our core values which we refer to as R.A.P.I.D.S. – Responsive, Attitude, Proactive, Integrity, Dependability and Safety. At Helena Industries, you will find transparent and open communication. We care about our employees and value their opinions. We appreciate that our employees want to understand their contribution to the company’s mission, that they take ownership of their responsibilities and then are trusted to perform.
At Helena Industries, you will find recognition for hard work and positive reinforcement through excellent benefits, competitive pay and daily workplace interactions.
Helena’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
For the latest job postings and company news, visit us at helenaindustries.com/careers.
Helena is an equal opportunity employer.