- Date Posted: March 30, 2022
- Location: Big Sky, Montana
- Company: The Hungry Moose Market and Deli
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://hungrymoose.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (406) 581-8107
THE HUNGRY MOOSE MARKET AND DELI is an eclectic and quirky Market/Deli/Bakery/Wine Shop located in the heart of Town Center and at the base of Big Sky Resort.
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, adaptable and customer-oriented individual to add to our crew for the rest of the winter season, shoulder season and summer. This is a unique opportunity to experience the various landscapes Montana has to offer and build a community within Big Sky.
If you are a team player and serve from the heart, check out our open positions and perks below:
- DELI CREW: The deli is a customer-facing, fast-paced environment where employees prepare a variety of crafted food including sandwiches, soups, salads and more. The deli crew serves from the heart and provides exceptional, authentic customer service.
- Take deli orders, read tickets, plate food, run orders
- Ensure dining area is continually cleaned and stocked
- Ensure freshness of deli items by rotating and dating items properly
- Slice vegetables, meat and cheese (required to operate industrial slicer)
- Prepare hot and cold sandwiches, wraps, burritos, soups, salads, etc.
- Ensure efficiency and quality while working on the line
- Prepare espresso drinks, smoothies and scoop ice cream
- Assist with cleaning tasks and filling in as needed
- PREP COOK: The Prep Cook is responsible for the preparation of ingredients and stations used in the cooking process for the central kitchen and deli, as well as maintaining the kitchen and ensuring it is clean and sanitized.
- Follow and complete prep list each shift
- Label stock ingredients
- Slice meats, cheese, vegetables (ability to use industrial slicer), prepare eggs, potatoes, etc.
- Ensure all ~ Food and other items are properly stored
- Assist with the preparation of savory salads
- Follow recipes to achieve consistency
- Assist in the oversight and management of cross-utilization of products between Town Center and Mountain store
- Complete opening/mid/closing checklist each day
- GROCERY CREW w/ a CREATIVE Spirit: The grocery department is an eclectic market and wine and flower shop where customers may find everything they need in one place. The grocery crew goes above and beyond to ensure each person that walks through our store has a unique experience.
- Assist with personal shopping orders and gift baskets
- Ring up grocery items with accuracy and efficiency
- Stock displays without overcrowding; face items on the shelf, maintaining the integrity of all sets
- Pull short-dated or low-quality items and follow established procedures for recording and disposing of items
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs, reporting price discrepancies to Inventory and Ordering Specialist
- Coordinate stocking priorities with Shift Lead or Department Manager, completing daily checklist each shift
- Maintain a clean and well-organized back-stock area
- Assist with grocery delivery orders including shopping orders, ringing up and boxing items, restocking, etc.
- Assist deli to ensure patio and dining area is continually cleaned, organized, and stocked
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $15+/hour to start based on experience and other factors
- Share in the tip pool
- 35% discount in both stores
- Shift Meal
LONGTERM BENEFITS INCLUDE
Recreation Benefit/Bonus Contract, Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Health Insurance, Mental Health Reimbursement, Matching 401K
HOUSING IN BIG SKY
We have fully furnished condominiums located within a short walk to our Town Center location. Our housing is close to the free shuttle bus stop. Options available:
- Double Room: $500/month, utilities included
- Single Room (lesser availability): $650/month and up depending on room and housing unit
- W/D in unit
- Sorry no pets, no smoking