Base Camp, Northern Star Scouting
Northern Star Scouting seeks Guides for Base Camp Programs
Do activities such as rock climbing, high ropes, robotics, and archery interest you? Would you like to gain leadership experience and team building skills as well? Northern Star Scouting has an excellent job opportunity for you as a part-time Base Camp Program Guide. You will lead youth and adults through experiences that inspire active learning. With training from Base Camp leadership, you will provide each group with a valuable and unique Base Camp experience.
The job may be tailored as an internship if needed; it is your responsibility to determine if academic credit is available within your academic department and degree program.
Starting hourly wage is $15.00 and benefits include training in several program areas, personal leadership development, use of program equipment, free parking, great co-workers, and the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of youth. Northern Star Scouting also offers a Sick and Safe Time program for all part-time employees.
- Must be age 18 or older
- Strong communication skills are required
- Experience working directly with youth in the classroom, outdoor recreation sites, summer sites, summer youth camp, or other youth programs preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations between ages of 7 to 21 is desired
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Base Camp is located at 6202 Bloomington Road, Fort Snelling, MN, 55111, near the MSP airport. The Fort Snelling Light Rail station is 1/3 of a mile from our campus and provides an additional method of transportation to and from work.
The Programs run most days of the year including weekends and evenings. The number of hours you will work is based on personal availability, as well as reservations on our program calendar. Staff are scheduled each week for the following 10 to 16 days based on their availability making this role a very flexible opportunity that works well with other obligations you may have.
For more information about Base Camp, see http://www.explorebasecamp.org