- Date Posted: April 25, 2021
- Location: , Tampa, FL
- Company: Tampa YMCA - Bob Gilbertson Central City Family Center
- Job Type: Part Time
- Salary: $9.00 - $10.00 / Hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Website: http://https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6117701.careers?ShowJob=386290948
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 813-229-9622
Tampa YMCA - Bob Gilbertson Central City Family Center
Under the direction of the Aquatic Director and/or Head Lifeguard, the Lifeguard is responsible for providing a safe environment for all participants in and around the pool. This includes responding to emergencies and administering CPR/AED, First Aid and Oxygen effectively according to certifications. Lifeguards must be alert and identifiable at all times and keep a professional appearance. Lifeguards must work at peak efficiency in all aspects of the aquatic department as assigned and exhibit behaviors and attitudes that are consistent with the YMCA Mission and policies of the Association.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Practice preventative lifeguarding by following and enforcing pool rules and policies promptly, and completes a routine check of pool and deck area regularly throughout their shift.
- Check required safety equipment at the start of each shift and report any concerns to the Aquatic Director or designee immediately.
- Responsible for securing the pool area at all times, including but not limited to: locking/unlocking doors and gates to control access to the aquatic areas.
- Maintains cleanliness and chemical balance of pool on appropriate recording forms. Report any concerns to the Aquatic Director or designee immediately.
- Provide undistracted supervision of the pool while on duty. Lifeguards will demonstrate vigilant scanning, 180 degrees, every 10 seconds checking the bottom, middle and top of their zone.
- Understand and perform rescues and emergency procedures, document accidents on the proper forms and communicate to the Aquatic Director or designee as outlined in the EAP in a timely manner in accordance with aquatic, facility, certification policies and requirements.
- Clean and store equipment in its proper place, ensuring the pool deck and surrounding areas are clean, free of clutter, trash etc.
- Perform additional functions or assume additional responsibilities as needed or as requested by the Program Director or supervisor.
- Engage in positive public relations with participants, members and guest ensuring a positive experience.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Aquatic Director and/or Head Lifeguard.
- Adheres to the Association operating policies and procedures by operating the programs within the guidelines set forth.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures regarding the safety, health and welfare of members, program participants, guests and staff; responds to emergency situations in accordance to facility policies and certification requirements.
- Attend and actively participate in all trainings, staff meetings/in-services and guard drills as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
This position requires availability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
This position requires a minimum age of 16 years old.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
AHA BLS CPR/AED
ASHI Basic First Aid
ASHI BLS CPR/AED
For more info, and to apply, visit link below:
The Tampa YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.