Reserve position: Working up to 20 hours per week (between 40-999 hours per year), with evening and weekend schedules available.
The Trolley Driver will provide world class guest service by offering gracious hospitality and information in connection with the estate transportation services.
Duties will include, but are not limited to: operating shuttles/trolleys between parking areas and estate destinations, and answering questions regarding Asheville, Biltmore and Western North Carolina.
In addition, the Trolley Driver will offer general assistance and support for the department, leadership, and company as required and must be available for both 1st and 2nd shifts. Individuals must have a North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License with a Class ‘P’ endorsement.
- Provides world class guest service by anticipating guest needs with warmth and enthusiasm.
- Uses two-way radio to communicate with other staff concisely and professionally.
- Maintains cleanliness of parking areas and a count of available parking spaces.
- Operates all vehicles safely and complies with all safety procedures.
- Assists guests in boarding department vehicles; uses the proper procedures when transporting guests with limited mobility needs (wheelchairs, scooters, etc.).
- Demonstrates a vast knowledge of Asheville and Biltmore, as well current information and events.
- Executes emergency procedures during floods, snow and ice, bomb threats, etc.
- Conducts pre- and post- trip inspections and documents information about vehicle maintenance and service (fuel, etc.).
- Occasionally provides breaks to staff directing traffic.
- Must have a North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Class “P” endorsement in order to operate both shuttles and trolleys.
- High School Diploma (or GED); First Aid, CPR, and AED certification preferred.
- At least one (1) year of related experience in a guest contact/service, education, or other similar field, preferably in an upscale hotel/resort/attraction environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery of world class internal/external guest service.
- Ability to quickly acquire extensive knowledge of Biltmore history, products, and services, the Asheville area, and Western North Carolina.
- Engages with guests in a sincere way and identifies opportunities to share stories and suggestively sell/cross-promote as appropriate.
- Be proactive and comfortable taking initiative, and have the ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize work and adapt, as needed.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with different audiences.
- Able to creatively problem-solve, has strong guest service recovery skills, professionally handles a variety of situations with guests, vendors, etc.
- Represents the company professionally in accordance with standards at all times.
Apply by texting ‘Biltmore’ to 97211.
Or visit job listing at link below:
Apply via link