- Date Posted: April 26, 2023
- Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
- Company: Outagamie County
- Salary: $19.17 an hour
- Housing Offered: $19.17 an hour
- Website: https://www.outagamie.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (920) 832-4646
The following duties are normal responsibilities of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Cuts grass, trims trees and shrubs, and performs other horticultural tasks. Performs landscaping duties including, planting, removal of trees and shrubs and laying sod.
- Monitors Park System, examining and fixing any doors, windows, fencing and gates to ensure they are secure. Enforce park rules and ordinances as necessary.
- Builds and paints picnic tables and benches. Repairs or replaces signs as directed. Paints facilities, equipment and buildings as needed.
- Facilitates shelter reservations at Plamann Park on both weeknights and weekends. Issues equipment rentals and alcohol permits as well as cleaning building, shelters and restrooms after use.
- Provides exemplary customer service and actively participates in maintaining a positive customer service environment.
- Assists with the Children’s Farm; feeding, cleaning, periodically checking the animals and locking the farm at close.
- Aids in the installation and maintenance of fencing, drain tile, culverts, playground equipment, park benches, picnic tables and other park equipment.
- Keeps park road, walkways, office entrance and parking areas free from snow and ice.
- Prepares buildings for seasonal use, checks and performs minor maintenance on plumbing and electrical as well as equipment repairs or general maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains and cleans buildings, restrooms, grounds and assists in the upkeep of all recreation fields as requested or assigned.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshoots and makes repairs on motorized equipment, machinery, buildings/HVAC systems and other park facilities.
- Installs, constructs and maintains signs, piers, docks, and small bridges as well as assists in their removal in non-use seasons.
- Implements Department and County goals, objectives, and policies; maintains performance standards.
- Retains regular and predictable attendance, works overtime/extra hours as required. Prepares and completes reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.