- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Macon, Georgia
- Company: Eckerd Connects
- Salary: Up to $38,000 a year
Company ContactApply Online Now
Location Address: 7027 East Stage Coach Trail, Floral City, FL 34436
Hiring Immediately. Relocation Assistance Provided. Are you a recent graduate? Do you have a bachelor’s degree, love to work outdoors and want to make the world a better place for at-risk teenage girls? Camp E-Nini-Hassee is the place for you…
Eckerd Connects’ Camp E-Nini-Hassee is seeking females for our Outdoor Residential Youth Counselor position in Floral City, Florida. This position lives with girls ages 12 to 17, providing daily hygienic oversight, therapeutic support/group counseling related to teenage girls, and therapeutic outdoor adventures such as canoeing backpacking and ropes course activities.
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
- Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
- 11 paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid short-term and voluntary long-term disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Free room and board provided in an on-campus house for days off
- Meals provided when on duty
Compensation Range up to $38,000. Compensation range includes base salary plus room and board.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Outdoor Youth Counselor provides therapeutic support to 10-12 teenage girls who struggle with low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, family conflicts, neglect, and poor academic performance. Position is 24 hours a day for 5 days per week.
- The Outdoor Youth Counselor participates in the implementation of outdoor education (e.g. canoe trips, backpack trips, ropes course, fine arts, etc.), receiving training in CPR/First Aid, Lifeguarding, basic water safety, and other outdoor safety training.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Willingness to work a 24hr/ five-day work week
- Ability to appropriately role-model and willingness to share in the emotional experiences of teenage girls, and develop relationships, crisis management, problem-solving, and team building skill sets
- Physical ability to stand for extended amounts of time, as well as walk regularly throughout the wilderness terrain 24hr/five-day work week
- Maintain a positive attitude in a wilderness setting, with exposure to outdoors and/or weather conditions
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.
Our Program Location
About our Program
We present a reality-therapy approach in a residential, outdoor therapeutic environment, using alliances with staff and group therapy to provide safety, adventure, and education. Each girl receives individualized treatment and is supported with family services. We provide an accredited education on site with certified teachers and transferable credits.
We help girls considered at-risk who are struggling with school, causing family conflicts, experimenting with drugs, experiencing depression, have low self-esteem, or are exhibiting emotional problems and behavioral issues.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. (“Eckerd Connects”) considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.