- Date Posted: July 24, 2022
- Location: Portola, California
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $95 - $105 / day
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.sierranevadajourneys.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (775) 355-1688
Mentor and teach youth outdoor environmental science education as an Outdoor Program Instructor (OPI). Many of our students come from schools and communities that face financial barriers and access to high-quality STEM programs like Sierra Nevada Journeys. Make a difference by positively impacting youth by delivering culturally relevant camp-based programs for schools and community partners.
- Full time, seasonal; start now and finish out the 2022 season with us. You’ll also have the opportunity to renew your contract for the 2023 season (Feb – Nov).
- $95-105/day plus off-site housing and work day meals which is equivalent to $172.77/wk
- Benefits: paid time off, sick days, 403(b) retirement plan with 4% match
- Addl. pay for certifications or experience working with BIPOC students, lifeguard, science instruction, Wilderness First Aid, or First Responder
- +3% for bilingual fluency in Spanish
- Live and work in Northern California, Plumas National Forest, just 50 minutes north of Truckee, CA and Lake Tahoe
- Sierra Nevada Journeys a 501(c)(3) nonprofit doing good work
- Job location: Grizzly Creek Ranch, Portola, CA
When you join Sierra Nevada Journeys, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community. We train our instructors using University of California at Berkeley’s BEETLES (Better Environmental Education, Teaching, Learning & Expertise Sharing) teaching techniques and pedagogy. All detailed job descriptions including salaries and benefits are listed on our website at sierranevadajourneys.org/jobs.