- Date Posted: April 12, 2021
- Location: Bryson City, NC
- Company: Nantahala Outdoor Center
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: TBD
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: Apply via link
For 49 years NOC has led the outdoor industry, taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, wilderness medicine as well as unmatched retail service, foodservice, lodging, and trip planning services. Behind NOC’s success is our staff’s commitment to our five core values: Lead by Example, Service Before Self, Do the Right Thing, Work Hard/Play Hard and Make it Happen. These core values unite a community of leaders and pioneers in an exciting, fun and always changing work environment.
NOC career opportunities offer a rare combination of work in beautiful locations, a chance to grow skills and to share a passion for active outdoor recreation. Ideal candidates are leaders in the workplace that wish to join a unique, values-driven organization. They aspire to excellence in their fields and disciplines and they demonstrate a commitment to the service of others. Above all, they want to provide guests with unforgettable experiences. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to join the NOC team.
NOC is looking for an Assistant Manager of Photography for the 2021 season! The Assistant Manager of Photography will maintain and improve the quality and profitability of photography throughout the NOC – main Wesser campus.
Administrative duties include bulk purchasing of photographic supplies, establishing consistent photo policies, and oversight of the Nantahala photo department.
- Oversee Image quality and customer satisfaction
- Train new photographers.
- Maintain all photo equipment.
- Serve as the liaison with print vendors and website hosts when needed
- Fulfill all NOC online print orders throughout the season
- Respond to guest needs throughout the year
- Catalog images for marketing
- Organize and file photo paperwork
- Be attentive and aware of all aspects of the photo operation
- Perform all functions as a role model for other photo staff
- Help assist the Photo Manager to provide, relative, constructive feedback for photo associates
- Perform and assist with administrative tasks at the Nantahala operation
- Oversee multiple project areas; These include but are not limited to:
- –Filling out and processing of photo paperwork
- –Processing photo order
- –Loading photo files onto the computer
- –Mailing photos orders
- Be an actively participating member of the adventure management team
- Be flexible and willing to perform any task necessary for the function of the photo department
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Previous experience handling cash
- A strong background working with digital photography, including a professional understanding of photography as a business and digital workflow.
- Proven leadership experience, able to effectively and positively problem solve operational issues as the arise
- One year of management experience preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiar with Microsoft office, Darkroom, and PhotoReflect.
For more information, and to apply, visit link below:
View more info here: https://noccareers.com/
About the NOC:
The Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment including hiring, promotions, termination, training and compensation. The NOC does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic condition or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, where applicable. Furthermore, the NOC is committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment through respecting and valuing the diversity among employees and all those with whom the NOC does business.