- Date Posted: July 23, 2022
- Location: Alexandria, Virginia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $175 - $225 / day
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://naturalleaders.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (571) 244-3793
We are seeking a great guide to help youth have outdoor adventures, develop character and wilderness survival skills, and grow into leaders.
We have a full-time position available in Northern Virginia for this summer and beyond.
We have a simple, authentic culture, and a rapidly growing team.
We are especially interested in a candidate that is interested in growing with us over the longer term. After a year with us, a candidate may be able to move to another area of his or her choice and begin pioneering new programs.
Our summer programs bring kids out into the woods each day to explore, play in the water, play games, journal, and practice wilderness survival skills. During the academic year we have similar activities but in a unique student-led format.
- Experience with primitive skills, tracking, wilderness awareness, and wilderness survival programs.
- First Aid certification is good; WFA better, WFR+ ideal.
- Studied at the Tracker School, BOSS, Wilderness Awareness School, Outward Bound, NOLS, or similar program.
- Background with Waldorf Education, Montessori, Acton, experiential outdoor education, or other teaching experience.
- Have a passion for sharing nature with children.
- Appreciate the importance of character development and personal growth, for yourself and your students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Humble, curious, open, and excited to learn and grow.
Join us to lead adventures and personal growth for students in the woods!