- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Alexandria, Virginia and Centreville, Virginia
- Company: Natural Leaders
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://naturalleaders.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (571) 244-3793
We are seeking a great guide to help youth have outdoor adventures, develop character and wilderness survival skills, and grow into leaders. We have a full time position available in Northern Virginia, with in-field training starting immediately. We have a simple, authentic culture, and a rapidly growing team.
As a guide, you will lead up to 5 different groups of about 10 students, with each group meeting on it’s own designated weekday and outdoor location, from 10 am – 3 pm. You assign leadership roles to students and help mentor them in leading the program each week by performing those roles.
We are especially interested in a candidate that is interested in growing with us over the longer term. After a year or so of training, a candidate may be able to move to another area of his or her choice and begin pioneering new programs.
Our summer programs bring kids out into the woods each day to explore, play in the water, play games, journal, and practice wilderness survival skills. During the academic year we have similar activities but in a student-led format.
- Experience with primitive skills, tracking, wilderness awareness, wilderness survival programs.
- First Aid certification is good; WFA better, WFR+ ideal.
- Kamana Naturalist Students.
- Studied at the Tracker School, BOSS, Outward Bound, NOLS, or similar program.
- Background with Waldorf Education, Montessori, Acton, experiential outdoor education, or other teaching experience are helpful.
- Have a passion for sharing nature with children.
- Appreciate the importance of character development and personal growth, for yourself and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Humble, curious, open, and excited to learn and grow.
Join us to lead adventures and personal growth for students in the woods!