- Date Posted: July 16, 2022
- Location: Julian , California
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $94 / day
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.ymcasd.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (858) 292-9622
Looking for a fun job to build your leadership skills?
Are you passionate about working with youths in outdoor settings?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT YMCA Camp Marston!
Come join Camp Marston for meaningful work, lifetime friendships and amazing memories in the mountains!
Outdoor Education runs from September through May
Room and board included
Y would I apply?
- Outdoor Work Environment!
- Housing & Meals Included
- Work with Your Friends – Text them the link to this page now!
- Gain Experience working with Children & the Community
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth & Year Round Employment
- Looking for Benefits? We’ve got you covered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Teach Outdoor Education and/or recreation programming
- Lead activities including (but not limited to) archery, field games, and the climbing tower with good teaching and leadership skills
- Employ good teaching and leadership techniques in providing quality instruction
- Take full responsibility for the program areas of camp or assigned activity, including developing rules and procedures, ensuring adequate program supplies and maintaining or improving equipment and facilities
- Follow all rules, operating procedures, and instructions, carry and use properly the necessary equipment during activities, know and follow established emergency procedures
- Ensure the safety and supervision of students and participants
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have obtained high school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience working with youth in Outdoor Education, Resident Camp, Day Camp or like setting preferred
- Certification or experience in the following preferred: climbing, camping, archery, hiking, biking, surfing, swimming, sailing kayaking and scuba diving
- Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills including: standing, hiking and/or climbing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to live on-site during program season
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR- must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute