- Date Posted: July 7, 2020
- Location: , Carefree, AZ
- Company: CIVANA Wellness Resort
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: TBD
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: Apply via link
- Phone: 480 653 9000
CIVANA Wellness Resort
Under the general direction of the Outdoor Activities Lead, the Outdoor Adventure Guide (OA Guide) is accountable for facilitating safe, educational, and bold outdoor programs including hiking, mountain biking, pickleball and tennis classes, survivalist training, native plants of the desert, and any new outdoor class formats that are approved. The OA Guide also assists with the general maintenance and inventory management of all outdoor facilities and equipment.
- Provide leadership and guided hiking, mountain biking, court classes, and other formats as assigned.
- Lead groups of up to 8 on daily instructional mountain biking outings ranging from beginner to advanced varying from 2-15 miles in 2 hours.
- Lead & tail groups of up to 20 on daily hiking activities ranging from easy to very difficult and in the range of 3-12 miles, with elevation from 200-1500ft while carrying up to a 35lb pack.
- Facilitate groups of 1-8 on a high ropes challenge course program, facilitate groups of up to 25+ on Low Ropes Elements
- Facilitate programs for corporate and social groups in hiking, mountain biking, court activities, and team building events on the challenge course.
- Facilitate Tennis and Pickleball sessions.
- Assist with all outdoor equipment maintenance and usage logs.
- Maintain a clean driving record
- In all activities having risk management as number one priority
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the OA Lead.
- Provide high level customer service and hospitality to guests
- Maintain a positive attitude and take initiative
- Assist with the training and coaching of new and existing hires
- Attend and embrace CIVANA training and development courses
- Wilderness First Aid or First Responder Certification preferred, CPR/1st Aid training minimum.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1+ Previous professional/educational experience as an Outdoor Adventure guide or educator.
- 2 years professional/personal experience hiking and mountain biking.
- 2 years’ experience in facilitation of high/low ropes elements preferred OR 2+ years climbing experience.
- Tennis/Pickleball experience a plus (Professional or Personal).
To view full job description, and to apply, visit link below:
CIVANA’s mission is to inspire mindfully, measurably greater wellness in all who crave it. The CIVANA model is shaped by a wellness philosophy that serves everyone: happiness first, healthiness always. This is delivered via a curated wellness program that focuses on connecting mental, physical, emotional and spiritual needs, providing guests with tools they can take with them wherever they go, and build upon each time they return.