Telluride Academy’s Mountain Bike Specialist is responsible for facilitating a safe and educational mountain biking program for Academy students. Telluride Academy runs at least one mountain biking program per week, usually including one or two overnights.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Program Director to train appropriate mountain bike staff.
- Creating an organizational biking curriculum and criteria that will be taught to all Academy instructors during the Academy’s annual staff training.
- Becoming familiar with ALL Academy biking locations.
- Overseeing all mountain biking programs.
- Carrying (at all times) the Academy’s land use permits and be the primary steward of the permits, including submitting timely and accurate usage logs for post use reporting.
- Maintaining biking gear inventory as well as working with the Program Director to order new and improved gear when needed.
- Collaborating with Program Director to revise Telluride Academy’s Mountain Biking Policies and Procedures as needed. This is to include emergency procedures and site-specific resources as they pertain to an emergency.
- Maintaining an accurate record and submit a physical copy of all Academy expenses and receipts at the end of every biking trip or end of session.
- Ensuring that adequate biking gear inventory, equipment check-in and storage occurs at the end of the Academy’s programming week and the summer season.
- Must have extensive mountain biking experience.
- Must have basic bike maintenance knowledge and ability to fix on-trail mechanical issues.
- Must have WFR certification (or higher), and CPR/AED.
- Must pass a Federal Background Check
- Must display a clean driving record
Applications for Summer 2021 are officially open! The application deadline is March 1st. Please reach out to our Program Director, Sophie, via email with any questions.
View more info here: https://www.tellurideacademy.org/employment
About Telluride Academy:
Telluride Academy, based in the heart of the rugged San Juan Mountains, is one of the largest and most unique outdoor youth organizations in Colorado. Each summer, Telluride Academy, a 39-year-old non-profit organization, welcomes over 900 students who participate in more than 100 diverse programs. Telluride Academy offers programs that introduce children to the beauty of the natural world. Through exploration and play, we strive to inspire imaginations and instill an awareness and appreciation for the outdoors. Our curriculum encompasses specialized activities that focus on adventure education, art, ecology, science, mountain sports, performing arts, and regional and international travel.