- Date Posted: May 23, 2020
- Location: , North Conway, NH
- Company: Cranmore Mountain Resort
- Job Type: Full Time or Seasonal
- Salary: BOE
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (603) 356-1115
Cranmore Mountain Resort
A Mountain Bike Instructor teaches the technique of mountain biking in a group-lesson-environment in accordance with standards outlined by the resort, and serves as an ambassador to the mountain bike park by modeling safe riding behavior and offering assistance and information to guests within the park. Instructors must be enthusiastic, energetic, outgoing, and able to interact with guests in a friendly and fun manner, while also ensuring guest safety at all times. Instructors may be called upon to assist other aspects of bike park operations as needed. This position may be required to work weekend and holiday hours.
This is a full or part-time flexible position with the opportunity to continue working weekends in the Fall.
- Assist in the rental shop prior to and in between lessons by helping guests get outfitted with their gear.
- Conduct lessons in accordance with guidelines outlined by the resort.
- Work with diverse groups of guests from a variety of different backgrounds and skill levels (including children 8 years old and up.)
- Participate in preseason training, weekly safety meetings, and any other departmental training or meetings held during the season.
- May be required to worked weekends and holidays
- Stand, sit, and walk
- Lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Lift bikes into loading trays onto the chairlift
- Use hand tools including but not limited to landscaping rakes, shovels and lopping shears
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (including rain and heat.)
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
- A minimum of two years of mountain biking experience is recommended.
- Must be able to navigate beginner-to-intermediate level mountain biking terrain.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as trail signs, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must possess the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
To view full job description, and to apply, visit website here: https://www.cranmore.com/Jobs
Learn more about Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort & Cranmore Mountain Resort employment below: