- Date Posted: February 17, 2022
- Location: Clark, Colorado
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $12 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.historiccolumbine.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 879-5522
The Cabins at Historic Columbine was originally established as a gold mining town in the late 1800s. We are a historic district on the national register of historic places. Currently, we operate as a resort with14 historic cabins and an authentic general store.
We are in search of a couple or two very compatible individuals to share maintenance, housekeeping, general store, and reservation office duties. We also cut and split all of our firewood from the property and surrounding area. Our general store is open daily with traffic from our guests as well as tourists visiting the local state parks or hiking the numerous trails in the area. Our cabins are all unique and range from a single room with no bathroom to 3 bedrooms with multiple bathrooms. We have a modern lodge with restrooms, showers, and a gaming area that includes a pool, ping pong, and foosball. The property also includes a commercial kitchen that is available to rent for events and gatherings. This summer, our project goals include, but are not limited to: staining cabins; building an interpretive historic hiking trail; expanding the deck/patio area of our general store; updating and expanding landscaping and vegetation around the property; and forest cleanup.
The ideal candidates should enjoy living remotely in the mountainous outdoors. Excellent guest/people skills are required, along with the ability to work with a small number of seasonal and resident staff. We are located at an elevation of 8,700ft and duties are physically demanding. Our tasks begin mid-May but are somewhat flexible. Opportunity exists to transition into a winter caretaker role.
Room and Board
The housing available is a one-bedroom, one-bathroom, fully furnished apartment. The bedroom can be arranged with a queen bed or 2 twin beds. Includes a full kitchen as well as laundry facilities. Bed linens, pillows, and towels are provided. Pet friendly. Damage deposit required.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Columbine is located 29 miles northwest of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We request that you have your own reliable transportation. It is a 45-minute drive to the closest major grocery store.
North Routt is an outdoor enthusiast paradise. There are three lakes within a few minutes, endless miles of hiking trails, access to 4×4 trails, mountain biking, and so much more. Steamboat Springs hosts many festivals, free concerts, and events throughout the summer.
Culture & Atmosphere
- The Cabins at Historic Columbine is a small, family-owned business located in the Routt National Forest and at the base of Hahns Peak. We are small and remote yet busy during the summer months and throughout the hunting season.
- We are laid-back, mountain people who love providing an enjoyable vacation for those wanting to escape to the wilderness.
- Our mission is to preserve the historical charm of Columbine while providing an unforgettable guest experience.
- We are completely off-grid for all guests – they come to “unplug and unwind” and enjoy Colorado at 8,700ft.
Please send a resume with references and a cover letter to us explaining why you would be a great addition to our team to [email protected]