- Date Posted: October 23, 2022
- Location: Sitka, Alaska
- Salary: $20 - $26 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Previous experience required
- Website: http://www.fineartscamp.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (907) 747-3085
Sitka Fine Arts Camp, a leader in arts education, provides interdisciplinary summer programs for kids and adults from around the US and the world. SFAC programs include visual art, music, theater, dance, writing, Alaska Native Arts, and science and have been recognized by both the White House and the National Endowment for the Arts for excellence and innovation in arts education and community building.
The Maintenance Staff is responsible for delivering the safe and efficient operation of all SFAC campus grounds and facilities.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment, and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp.
- Specific tasks may include:
- Perform general maintenance duties
- Repair buildings and facilities to include drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical and other work
- Assist with emergencies on site
- Work with events and operations teams to set up, take down, and clean up campus events
- Move tables, chairs, and other objects around campus safely and carefully
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant experience maintaining facilities and grounds
- Ability and willingness to provide courteous service to all campus users
- Ability and willingness to help train and lead staff/volunteers working on various campus improvement projects
- Record of safety success in facility operations (safety of people, safety of equipment, safety of facility)
- Reliable transportation or access to the same
- Ability to do preventative maintenance and repairs on campus-wide systems
- Ability to do basic carpentry, plumbing, wall repair, painting, and electrical to professional standards
- Ability to identify safety hazards and monitor guest and staff behavior and enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Ability to lift and move up to approximately 70 pounds; occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 100 pounds may be required.
- Ability to safely and properly use power tools and equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to safely drive cars, large vans and trucks, and other motorized vehicles
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee will occasionally be required to work at heights and in confined spaces. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. The employee will regularly be exposed to outside harsh weather conditions, including rain, snow, ice, sleet, freezing temperatures, and slippery surfaces. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud. The employee will regularly use the telephone to communicate.
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these requirements.
- $20-26/hour DOE
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance after 60 days of employment
- PTO including vacation and sick leave
- 401k with a 3% employer match after one year of employment
- Membership to the Hames Fitness Center