- Date Posted: October 2, 2023
- Location: Cazadero, California
- Company: Ratna Ling Retreat Center
- Salary: $200.00 / month
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience needed
Company ContactApply Online Now
Ratna Ling Retreat Center
Put your DIY skills to work in coastal Northern California! Flexible, self-motivated individuals who can work alone and with others will thrive in this residential volunteer opportunity. Free housing and vegetarian meals. Full-time, 6 days a week, this is not a work exchange program. The minimum commitment is 6 months, with a one month trial period.
Enjoy a healthy lifestyle in a country environment where personal inquiry, cooperation, and spiritual exploration are supported and encouraged. Although Ratna Ling is a Buddhist Retreat Center in the Tibetan tradition, no religious affiliation is expected, but an interest in Buddhist beliefs and religious practices is helpful.
The ideal candidate is curious about how things work, while also being intent on getting things working as quickly and safely as possible, not afraid of complexity, comfortable asking for assistance, and happy to work alone on a project. Using YouTube or Google is not frowned upon here, as we appreciate resourceful people. Some related experience, even with personal DIY projects, desired.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Emergency fixes, utility failures, critical small jobs, ensuring safety of residents.
- Trees down on roads, leaks, appliance repairs, irrigation repairs, tool repairs, building repairs
- Groundskeeping, Vehicle repairs, AV system maintenance, testing, and repair, non-critical repairs of furniture and some tools
- Scheduled maintenance of cottages, lodge, and conference center, vehicles, tools
Our requirement for all volunteers and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID before arrival is an act of caring for our volunteer community and ourselves.
As a Ratna Ling Work-Study volunteer, you will receive:
- Free housing
- Free laundry facilities, WIFI, domestic phone calls
- Free vegetarian meals, tea and coffee
- Free classes in a variety of Buddhist and self-development studies-topics and schedule vary
- $200 monthly living allowance
- Opportunity to learn about and engage in Buddhist community’s ceremonies, celebrations and practices
- Morning meditation (optional)
- Living in a spectacular setting in the midst of the redwoods, and wide, open spaces
- Close to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean
- An environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued
- The support of a caring community