Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Dates: May 19 – October 17, 2021
Pay: $16.50 to 17.50/hour
Ridgerunners will meet, greet, register and educate hikers on the Appalachian Trail. They will impart Leave No Trace knowledge, skills and ethics focusing on youth groups and distance backpackers, for example: where to camp, how to protect water sources, ford a stream and minimize fire impacts. Ridgerunners will provide education about rare alpine plants and stewardship on summits and ridge lines. They will manage campsites and provide light maintenance. Personal transportation is required to get to assigned trail heads.
- Background in Leave No Trace knowledge, skills and ethics
- Comfort with primitive, solitary, outdoor living and working conditions
- Good physical condition – able to hike with a 40 lb. backpack
- Public/customer service skills, professional appearance and attitude
- Good communication skills (including oral, by phone, and written)
- Wiliness to work in unfavorable weather conditions
- Long-distance hiking experience
- Submit a cover letter, resume and references by email (indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line) to our email address.
- Preference will be given to those applying by 1/31/21.
- MATC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More info here: https://www.matc.org/index.php/employment/