The Lodge at Bryce Canyon
The Host is responsible for greeting and seating guests promptly, facilitating guest reservations, and providing excellent customer service.
- Prompt, courteous and proper seating of guests in the restaurant facilities; Follows company policy regarding the seating of guests.
- Ensures cleanliness of table before seating guests.
- Maintains a seating waiting list as necessary.
- Moves tables and chairs as necessary to accommodate different sized groups.
- Accurately records guest reservations; Communicates reservations to front-of-house management and staff at the beginning of each shift and prepares the dining room accordingly.
- Communicates with the Back-of-House management regarding large incoming groups, changes in schedules and any other information that affects kitchen operations.
- Responds to guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Assists with opening and closing tasks and side work as needed.
- Completes required front-of-the-house sanitation procedures.
- Responsible for daily cleaning projects in addition to any other cleaning projects assigned; Ensures the area in and around host stand is clean and litter free.
- Records pick-up and to-go orders as needed and forwards them appropriately; Keeps to-go supplies stocked.
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage menus.
- Assists with various restaurant tasks such as carrying trays, clearing and setting tables, etc., as needed.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; Ability to use and communicate by phone.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a cash register and a credit card machine.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information in person and over the phone.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced and balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle cash, coins, paper, phones, etc., as required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds frequently.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous restaurant, customer service, or related work experience preferred.
For more information, and to apply, click link below:
About The Lodge at Bryce Canyon:
Work, live, and play in the wonderland of the American West! Located in the heart of Bryce Canyon National Park, the Lodge at Bryce Canyon offers positions in the hospitality, retail, and food and beverage industries.
Because of the park’s popularity, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside employees and serve guests from all over the world. With spectacular views, sunrises and sunsets, and a wealth of National Parks, National Monuments, and State Parks close by, working at Bryce is perfect for nature lovers, go-getters, and anyone who wants the experience of a lifetime!
Email Address Hidden