- Date Posted: April 27, 2022
- Location: Salmon, Idaho
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $3,700 / month
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.flyingresortranches.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (208) 756-6295
Flying Resort Ranches is hiring a guest ranch Lodge Cook for the 2022 summer/fall season. The Flying B is located in Idaho’s wilderness on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. We are a remote wilderness guest recreational ranch looking for adventurous people not afraid of working hard and pitching in when needed. Our company adheres to a strict substance abuse policy. The position requires motivation, responsibility, and stamina. Having an excellent work ethic, a pleasant, positive attitude, and the ability to interact well with others, including guests and other staff, is a must! Looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
Lodge Cook – This position allows for 5 consecutive days off a month. The salary is $3700 per month plus tips. Housing, meals, WIFI, and flights between Salmon, Idaho, and the Flying B are also provided. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Advance Menu Planning
• Grocery Ordering
• Inventory Rotation
• Cooking 3 Meals Daily – Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner (for everyone on the property)
• Baking of Breakfast Breads/Meal Breads/Desserts & Cookies, etc.
• Light Bookkeeping – tracking meals served and inventory counts (formally twice per season)
• Cleaning of Kitchen, Walk-In Cooler & Freezer, Pantry & Storage Room, Dining Room and Lodge Sitting Room & Pool Table Room
Cooking is country buffet family-style and could be up to 50 people depending on reservations. We are looking for the meat/potatoes/gravy meals. Home-made desserts and cookies.
• Breakfast is ready and available from 7:00 – 10:30 am
• Lunch 12:00 – 1:00 pm
• Dinner 6:00 – 7:00 pm
• The cookie jar is always full
• Working hours in the fall are long due to the hunting season. Early breakfasts, sack lunches, and late dinners. Hunting season is Sept 15 — Nov 18.
All Ranch employees are expected to work as a team and help out in other departments as needed. In the end, we are ultimately in the hospitality business, here to serve our guests and shareholders.