- Date Posted: April 16, 2022
- Location: Savery, Wyoming
- Company: The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $15.50 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.threeforksranch.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 583-7396
The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch is seeking Employee Dining Room Cooks.
The seasonal job runs: May 1 through November 1
Full-time job starts: Now
The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch, an exquisite guest destination, has recently partnered with the top-ranked Mayo Clinic to form an unparalleled partnership in the Wellness Industry. As we are expanding our facility to include a 20,000+ sq. ft. wellness facility and new guest accommodations, we are also looking to expand our incredible Three Forks Team.
The Employee Dining Room (EDR) Cook’s role is to essentially prepare and cook all menu items for the EDR Manager’s S.O.P.’s and maintain the cleanliness and food safety standards set by Three Forks Ranch.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the EDR Manager to meet the standard and the quality of 3 Forks Ranch
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the Manager to complete the daily tasks
- Coordinates daily cleaning duties with the EDR Manager
- Responsible to supervise dishwashers
- Able to estimate the daily production needs utilizing daily staff budget and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Ensure that the production, preparation, and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times
- Ensure the highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production, and presentation standards
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning
- Daily cleaning of all equipment, benches, floors, and any other cleaning tasks
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety, and correct use of equipment and utensils
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section
- Consults daily with EDR Manager on the daily requirements, special orders, and any last-minute requests
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise
- Assess quality control and adhere to Ranch service standards
- Carry out any other duties as required by management
- Possess good knife skills
- A high standard of spoken and written English
- Possess knowledge of all modern cooking techniques, including but not limited to; sous vide cooking, molecular gastronomy, broiling, poaching, pan-searing, braising, siphoning, smoking, roasting, frying, baking, pickling, rolling sushi, fermenting.
- Have a strong knowledge of various world cuisines, including but not limited to; Modern American, Classic French, Italian, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Spanish, Central American, South American, Caribbean, Middle Eastern, Indian, British
- Possess at least a basic knowledge in all sections of the kitchen; sauce, vegetable, butchery, salad, pastry, Garde-manger, grill, stoves
Work Environment: As previously touched upon, the Line Cook is responsible for ensuring that the cleanliness of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment is maintained to the highest standards following guidelines set out by the EDR Manager. This is to ensure that all kitchen staff is working in a hygienic and safe environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the role include but are not limited to; being on your feet for long periods of time, bending, using step ladders, lifting up to 50lbs, working in a hot environment, working in a cold environment
Hours of Work: Expected hours of work vary by season and business demands. During times of having no guests in-house, a minimum of 40 hours per week is required.
Preferred Education and Experience: It is preferred that you have a culinary degree with at least 3 years of certification. You must have at least 3 years of experience in either a high-end restaurant and/or hotel.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Hourly wage starts at $15.50; increase in hourly rate based on experience/resume
- Eligible for end of year bonus
- Housing, including electric, propane, and snow removal; rent dependent on shared/single room (ranges from $50/$120 per week)
- Phone, internet, and cable; no cost
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner 365 days of the year; no cost
- 24-hour staff gym
- Employee discount on spa services, wellness classes, outdoor activities, gift shop
- Currently, no masking or vaccination mandates for employees or guests
- With ever-evolving COVID protocols, please know that at any time we could require vaccines and/or masking from our employees and guests
- If symptomatic will require on-site COVID testing to be done
Please note we are 40 miles from the closest town (Steamboat Springs, CO). Applicants must love the outdoors and thrive in living in a secluded area. Visit our website to better understand who we are www.threeforksranch.com.