The Lodge at Bryce Canyon
The Line Cook prepares food orders accurately and in a timely fashion in a high volume and fast-paced kitchen. Ensures an excellent guest experience and helps ensure the Kitchen remains clean, organized, and in compliance with sanitation requirements.
- Prepares/cooks food items and dishes using grill, flat top, oven, fryer, steamer, toaster/salamander, small kitchen appliances, and kitchen utensils including various knives.
- Prepares all food following recipes as written; Follows all kitchen portion control measures.
- Makes cooking adjustments to accommodate guest requests.
- Maintains relevant kitchen documentation; Prepares prep work, thawing, and stocking lists.
- Performs shift preparation, nightly shutdowns, and cleaning duties; Cleans and organizes kitchen, cooking line, and work station.
- Performs kitchen operations and procedures in accordance with sanitation regulations and guidelines.
- Organizes refrigerators and cooking line.
- Performs cleaning tasks as necessary.
- Assists with food running, busing, dish washing, and other related tasks as required
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely use kitchen appliances and utensils.
- Good communication skills including the ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
Background / Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or 1 year of hospitality cooking or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferred.
- Food preparation and food safety knowledge required.
- Prior restaurant experience preferred.
- Culinary degree or related coursework preferred.
To view full job description, & to apply, visit link below:
About the Lodge:
Work, live, and play in the wonderland of the American West! Located in the heart of Bryce Canyon National Park, the Lodge at Bryce Canyon offers positions in the hospitality, retail, and food and beverage industries.
Because of the parks popularity, youll have the opportunity to work alongside employees and serve guests from all over the world. With spectacular views, sunrises and sunsets, and a wealth of National Parks, National Monuments, and State Parks close by, working at Bryce is perfect for nature lovers, go-getters, and anyone who wants the experience of a lifetime!