- Date Posted: July 24, 2022
- Location: Surry, Maine
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.undercanvas.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (661) 755-6452
As a Line Cook, you are an integral part of our food and beverage program. You will work with other Back of the House team members to deliver on culinary standards in our live fire kitchens. Working in various stations including grill, sauté, fry, prep, pantry, outdoor pop-up dining experiences, and providing support to the overall operation makes you the heart of the operation. You will keep our guests and team members safe by following food safety and sanitation protocols. Your goal is to work as a team to push out quality dishes to create memorable dining experiences. We cater to a diverse range of guests including groups, families, and individuals varying in age, interests, and with various degrees of comfort in outdoor elements. This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes free employee housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- You maintain composure, take action, are resourceful, and solutions-minded in unpredictable situations such as weather, diverse needs of guests, or incidents on property.
- Be knowledgeable about menu ingredients and food preparation methods to help navigate guest questions and special dietary needs.
- Collaborate and interact professionally with guests, food & beverage team, and other department co-workers.
- Provide clear, accurate, complete, and timely communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve independently or in collaboration with your team and/or supervisor.
- Actively maintain guest safety by following all food safety and sanitation protocols.
- Your culinary passion and commitment to delivering quality menu items will be a critical contribution to positive guest experiences.
- Your positive attitude, ability to listen to team members, and anticipate operational needs will lead to consistently positive guest feedback.
- Contribute to programing by sharing ideas for specials or operations enhancements.
- You value teamwork, quickly step in to help others.
- Prepare and plate dishes with proper prep and portioning in a timely manner.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Have obtained a High School Diploma or GED
- Line or grill cook experience preferred but required
- Food Handler Certification *Must be obtained within two weeks of start of employment
- Ability to follow direction
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly Team-Player
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact HR during interview process):
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time