- Date Posted: October 21, 2022
- Location: Clark, Colorado
- Salary: $13 - $17 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://steamboatlakeoutpost.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 879-4404
Join us for an exciting opportunity at Steamboat Lake Outpost. The team at SLO is focused on providing the highest quality service and experience in North Routt. We are committed to building a staff that embodies our mission and values and encourages others in that direction too.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Eager to learn new cooking skills and have a passion for cooking
- A commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- A positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
- The desire for personal and professional growth
- Should exhibit a high level of self-awareness and a passion for connecting with people
- Is a leader and torchbearer for our culture and values. Sets a good example by wearing appropriate apparel and abiding by the organization’s rules and regulations
- Takes ownership and has a good sense of when to call in a team member or manager to help
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand current cooking and managerial skills
- Manage and assist in preparing food in large quantities in an efficient and consistent manner
- Food & beverage inventory and tracking
- Train and work back-of-house positions to gain hands-on experience and understanding of all operations
- Stamina to stand during an 8-hour shift
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed
- Essential responsibilities include the ability to work all food stations including grill, flat top, fryer, prep, pantry, sauté, and expo while in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Must be able to follow and understand recipes and standards, demonstrate teamwork with all staff and continually strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- The ability to multi-task is a must.
- Assist other team members as needed and with special projects, requests, events or to support staffing shortages.
- Maintain workstation, assist with prep, cleaning, and any other duties as assigned
- Maintain the sanitation, cleanliness, and safety of the dishwashing area. The dishwasher will make sure to clean proper kitchen utensils (plates, silverware, etc.), provide the customer with courteous and professional service, and operate various types of food service equipment when necessary.
- Since everyone who works in our restaurant contributes to the guest experience, we split tips equitably with everyone working in the restaurant based on the number of hours worked. We can’t deliver a great experience without excellent food and service.
- We start everyone at a training rate of $13 per hour. If your focus is in the back of house, once you are “certified” in the roles and responsibilities of a cook in our kitchen, you are eligible for a $2 per hour raise.
- Our leadership team cares about growth and adding value to all of our employees. With that in mind, we encourage and provide opportunities for our restaurant staff to get training in all roles, front and back of house. Once you are certified in the area you are hired, you may have the opportunity to learn the other side of the restaurant and earn an additional $2 per hour raise.