- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: Bryce, Utah
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $16 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.brycecanyonforever.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (435) 834-8714
Join us at The Lodge at Bryce Canyon for the 2022 season beginning in April through November! This is a full-time seasonal position.
PLEASE NOTE: This job is located in Bryce Canyon National Park, UT. Relocation for the season would be required. Housing and meals are available for staff.
At this time, we are requiring proof of vaccination status or an approved medical or religious exemption for those who will live in shared housing. Proof of vaccination status must be provided upon arrival to the property and prior to check-in for housing. Exemption requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the start date to allow sufficient time for processing.
The Line Cook prepares food orders accurately and in a timely fashion in a high volume and fast-paced kitchen. Ensures an excellent guest experience and helps ensure the Kitchen remains clean, organized, and in compliance with sanitation requirements.
- Prepares/cooks food items and dishes using grill, flat top, oven, fryer, steamer, toaster/salamander, small kitchen appliances, and kitchen utensils including various knives.
- Prepares prep work, thawing, and stocking lists.
- Performs shift preparation, nightly shutdowns, and cleaning duties; Cleans and organizes kitchen, cooking line, and workstation.
- Performs kitchen operations and procedures in accordance with sanitation regulations and guidelines.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or 1 year of hospitality cooking or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferred.
- Food preparation and food safety knowledge are required.
Physical Requirements to perform job duties:
- Must be able to understand the normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven, and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward, and overhead repetitively; Kneel, squat, stoop and crouch frequently.
- Ability and manual dexterity to use small kitchen utensils/tools and operate appliances such as mixer, ovens, dishwasher, steamer, flat top, grill, fryer, knives, whisks, etc.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds daily.
- Able to work in hot areas of the kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk-in refrigerators and freezers).
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.