- Date Posted: September 30, 2021
- Location: Big Sky, Montana
- Company: Moonlight Basin
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 2-5 yrs
- Website: https://www.moonlightbasin.com/
Moonlight Basin is looking for a Lead Pastry Chef who will work closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to craft delicious desserts and confectionery, design seasonal menus and develop new recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen.
You will discover a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is a private club and community located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
- Set up workstation based on menu items, banquet event orders and specials, and ensures all stations are ready for the shift.
- Operate and supervise the pastry section of the kitchen and liaison with the executive and sous chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Prepare ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Create pastries, baked goods, and confections by following standardized recipes.
- Develop new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorate pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Meet with clients to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special events.
- Monitor the stock of baking ingredients notify the Executive Chef when new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section are needed.
- Supervise and train staff members when needed.
- Bread baking program
- Follow proper sanitation and safety guidelines at all times.
- Keep kitchen work and storage areas clean and organized at all times.
- Inspect all food products to ensure proper appearance, colors, and appeal.
- Ensure all food is stored in proper containers in refrigerators and freezers, to maintain freshness.
- Ability to work effectively in a high energy and busy environment.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to read recipes and follow directions.
- Ability to efficiently and safely handle knives, pots, pans, and kitchen equipment such as slicers, grinders, choppers, and mixers.
- Able to demonstrate culinary techniques such as cutting, cooking principles, plate presentations and proper sanitation and safety practices.
- High school diploma.
- Post-secondary training at a culinary institution or 5 years on the job training
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field.
To apply for this job and more, visit our employment page.
To learn more about Moonlight Basin, visit our website.