- Date Posted: June 6, 2022
- Location: Gardiner, Montana
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: Starting at $16.00/hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience needed
- Website: https://dn.careers/Yellowstone
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (406) 438-3918
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring for a Kitchen Supervisor to join our team at The Ridgeline Hotel in Gardiner, Montana. Our ideal Kitchen Supervisor is an experienced Cook who enjoys working in fast-paced environment and takes pride in delivering high quality service and food to guests.
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, or local law.
Kitchen Supervisors are eligible for:
We offer great perks for eligible Ridgeline associates:
- $250 Sign-on bonus (paid after 30 days)
- $5/workday bonus (paid on completion of work agreement), max of 100 days
- Gardiner employee’s receive a free breakfast and 50% off all menu items at the restaurant.
- Gardiner also has a weekly deposit of $25.00 per week, fully refundable room is left in good condition.
Delaware North owns and operates The Ridgeline Hotel in Gardiner. We offer housing on site for $25/week, Wi-Fi and cable are FREE. We have newly renovated shared dorm rooms for Summer 2022 which are fully furnished, along with a miniature fridge, microwave, and TV. Linens are provided as needed. There is a shared laundry facility in the complex. All rooms are non-smoking. Guests, family members, and pets are not permitted in employee housing.
- Create weekly dining room menus from personal or established recipes.
- Supervise food prep work while maintaining food quality, presentation and sanitation standards.
- Verify that all portion sizes, recipes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen associates.
- Supervise all associates with cleaning and food production in their area.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is in full working order.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of walk-ins and freezers at all times.
- Actively maintain food cost within parameters set by culinary leadership.
- Effectively supervise proper breakdown, rotation, labeling, dating, and storage of food.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according to proper guidelines.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Line Cook, Lead Line Cook, or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently carrying 30 lbs.
- Standing and walking
Who We Are
The Ridgeline at Yellowstone’s location at the north entrance to Yellowstone National Park is ideal for individuals who are looking to spend time in the great outdoors. Gardiner is a gateway to adventure, within minutes of town you can be hiking in the mountains, fishing in streams and lakes, and exploring Yellowstone National Park. We offer on-site housing in shared hotel-style rooms and includes internet and utilities.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.